Special Coverage | Raceline & Super Street Meet

August 2, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

SS-Race-52
It's been a busy week going to work and managing the site almost every day, but when the weekend comes by, you guys know I'll be out there covering an automotive related event. I was pretty hesitant about going to one of the biggest Euro car shows here in SoCal called Big SoCal Euro Gathering held at San Diego, CA, but because of some issues I had with the car, I decided to head up to Raceline/Super Street's car meet at Fontana, CA, the same day when NASA had their own event.

I'm not familiar with any of the staffs from Super Street, except Joey from The Chronicles because I went up to him during It's JDM yO!'s One Year Anniversary Meet to compliment his site. He probably forgot who I was, but I did see him doing his own coverage for his site, so make sure to visit The Chronicles.
Enough with my loneliness and let's talk about this meet hosted by Raceline and Super Street.



SS-Race-42
There was a video crew recording the whole event and you can see here one of the staffs from Super Street doing an interview. I have no idea what this was for, so check out Super Street's site or The Chronicles coverage.

ss-1

SS-Race-11
One of the best parts about this meet was the cars in attendance, either for the meet or FF Battle 3. I've seen this S2000 at some event, and looking at it closely made me like it even more.

SS-Race-1
Enkei NT03+Ms completing the look of this Subaru hatchback.

SS-Race-2

SS-Race-3

SS-Race-4

SS-Race-6
Probably the best looking/built EK I've ever seen in person. Liking how the unclean Volk TE37s show the characteristics of the car. It was built to track!

SS-Race-7
Sweet ITR.

SS-Race-9
Another tracked out EK.

SS-Race-10
HASPORT's EG.

SS-Race-12

SS-Race-13
Never seen Volk SE37Ks in these sizes.

SS-Race-14
It's all about Carbon Fiber.

SS-Race-15
Team One Division.

SS-Race-16

SS-Race-37
Lancer Ralliart Hatchback on SSR Type Fs. Drop was pretty aggressive.

SS-Race-18
Color combo approved.

SS-Race-19
Circuit Hero ITR on a set of Volks I really wanted when I got into the car scene.

SS-Race-22
Another Circuit Hero car.

SS-Race-23
There were plenty of top quality cars at this meet, just looking at them was good enough.

SS-Race-24
Yellow umbrella, Yellow NSX.

SS-Race-25

SS-Race-32

SS-Race-51

SS-Race-34
I've seen a few NSXs throughout this year and this one places first in my list now.

SS-Race-26
Si ready to battle.

SS-Race-28
Spectators constantly rolling in.

SS-Race-36

SS-Race-35

SS-Race-31

SS-Race-29

SS-Race-30
Cars by Raceline.

SS-Race-41
DJ Pow's car was getting an alignment throughout the whole day, I didn't even get a chance to see it move.

SS-Race-47

SS-Race-48
I saw these guys passing by this CR-X and remember one guy talking on the phone saying, "Ey~ I'll have to call you later. This CR-X is SICK! I need to take a photo."

SS-Race-49
The Chronicles crew chilling in front of the TSX. It was pretty dam hot.

SS-Race-50
Big Mike on his cell phone driving like a boss.

SS-Race-54
A random snap when I was heading out. Skittles!~

I didn't stay too long so I missed the main part of this meet, which was the FF Battle. Until next time, PAYCE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment