Event Coverage | Nisei Showoff Car Show 2011 (Pt. II)

August 15, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

Nisei-175
Thinking about what I wrote on our fanpage, I made a minor mistake; our site has not been officially a year old yet. I did create this site back in June of 2010, but that's before I even had the title Night-Import in mind and was posting random contents. In a few months, I'll be announcing our 1 year anniversary and might do something pretty darn crazy, but that's just a thought so don't be expecting a surprise soon. The reason why I'm bringing this up though is because of so many cars I've seen throughout that one year period. Although Southern California is known for car events in the West coast, the cars you get to see at meets and events become repetitive, which isn't bad at all because you get to meet the car owners and build up relationships. I think that's how I made friends in this scene and now, those friends becoming a part of my life. Additionally, Nisei Showoff Car Show made me realize that it was not just the owners but the cars they owned played the same role. I've seen some rides so many times, but to be honest, I'm still impressed with all the work put into a machine that literally redefines the meaning of a car. It's not only meant to be driven, but to be a companion. Am I becoming Emo right now? Maybe because it's 7:15am and I'm tired as fuk, so back to the coverage before I say more random stuff.

Nisei-150
You'll be seeing some familiar rides throughout this coverage, but for those who are visiting our site for the first time, get ready to be impressed.

Nisei-176
It's been a long ass time since I saw Infinit Wheels at an event. Their team 'Infinit' was present at few shows, but coming out as a team + company was a good site to see again.

Nisei-69
GS that debuted at Rebuilding Japan meet after its major body work to fit those aggressive sized wheels.

Nisei-72

Nisei-73
Some OG BBSs.

Nisei-74

Nisei-75

Nisei-76
Can it be any cleaner?

Nisei-174
Hellaflush winner from last years DSPORT event at Fontana, CA.

Nisei-222
Wow...just wow... The Blue Advans with a unique Carbon Fiber finish on this S13.5 was stunning.

Nisei-223

Nisei-224
Keeping it clean and sexy.

Nisei-225
Wdup Terry!

Nisei-226
S2000 on CCWs. Good gawd.

Nisei-227
Chrome dipped with a mix of Gold, BBS RSs.

Nisei-228

Nisei-229

Nisei-230

Nisei-231
That was the line up from Infinit Wheels. Sick rides with flawless execution.

Nisei-77
One of the M3s I've seen quite a few times.

Nisei-78
From what I've heard, this Eclipse is about 10 years old now and still running strong. It was featured in a magazine, but forgot which one.

Nisei-82

Nisei-79
TOMEI has been pretty active nowadays. I think I first saw them at XDC.

Nisei-80

Nisei-81

Nisei-84

Nisei-86
I spot some ITBs.

Nisei-87

Nisei-85
Fontana Nissan's Time Attack GT-R R35.

Nisei-88
Owned by a talented driver named Scott. People call him Mr. Fontana.

Nisei-89
HRE equipped Mini Cooper from EuroProjektz. Seems like rest of the members were getting ready for Motion Auto Show.

Nisei-92

Nisei-90
Eric's DC5, now running on ITBs. Congratz on the feature in Modified Magazine! Make sure to check out his site, DD Garage.

Nisei-95
Of course, Kelvin's Do-Luck widebody Evo 9.

Nisei-298

Nisei-96
Check out the fitment on this NSX. The owner had these wheels on his S2000, but decided to slap them on for fun. Aggressive as fu**.

Nisei-97
Jason's S14, now a sales representative for Varrstoen.

Nisei-102

Nisei-103

Nisei-106
EuroTuner star.

Nisei-112
Jon Jon's IS was looking good, but was looking even better once I saw this...

Nisei-233
I believe no one even attempted to Neo-Chrome dip Endless BBKs...What a baller...

Nisei-113
Iron Man.

Nisei-114

Nisei-120
Found out the Iron Man owner and the owner of this Supra are brothers.

Nisei-115
Peter's sexy LS1 S14.

Nisei-124
The only Hakosuka I've personally seen and the first time was at San Diego. Oldie and godly.

Nisei-125
Randy's Lambo Orange G.

Nisei-100
We got a Spotlight feature coming up on this famous Z repping Low Ballers and Royal Origin, shot by our photographer Nick Schultz. Stay tuned.

Nisei-104
Those Work XD9s were definitely aggressive. Never seen one with a lip size like that.

Nisei-129
VIP Modular brought out some sexy cars like always.

Nisei-101
'Aqua' finished VIP Modular VX series wheels on this E36.

Nisei-105

Nisei-107

Nisei-108

Nisei-109
Eric's new passenger.

Nisei-121

Nisei-123

Nisei-128
Whoa. VIP Modular wheels on a classic.

Nisei-130
Loving the designs and finish by this company. Check out VIP Modular wheels.

Nisei-134

Nisei-140
Now to the far back lineup, Club4AG had a few rides impressing Hachi Roku fans.

Nisei-132

Nisei-133

Nisei-299
My favorite out of all, Steve's Hachi Roku, representing Cusco USA.

Nisei-136
No details will be shared until I do a full feature on it :D

Nisei-138
LEGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nisei-142
Rare site. A 1983 Soarer 2800GT.

Nisei-144

Nisei-145

Nisei-146
I've been really into Classics these days and excited to go to JCCS in September. I was around these Celicas for quite a long time, thinking how I would look in one. My friend Ben was tagging along with me and he was probably tired of hearing me say, "omg".

Nisei-147
No caption needed.

Nisei-148
Gawd Dam! VIP Auto Salon's Lexus IS F Wald Edition.

Nisei-149
Team Praxis in the house.

Nisei-151

Nisei-152
Someone educate me on that Spoiler. Found out that wing is made by Mugen. Thanks Bulletproof!

Nisei-153

Nisei-154

Nisei-155

Nisei-156

Nisei-157
Good to see these guys. Not really close with any of the members, but hope I get to know them more. Chill peepz.

Nisei-159
Low Ballers! Harro.

Nisei-158

Nisei-160

Nisei-161
Angelo's hellaflush Z. I remember Royal Origin posting a link about this random dude talking shit about Angelo's ride being riced out. WTF?? But like always, "to each its own".

Nisei-162

Nisei-164

Nisei-165

Nisei-166
How a classic Datsun should be done. Congratz on the win at SpoCom.

Nisei-167

Nisei-168

Nisei-169
Micro Image widebody Yaris.

Nisei-171
and the owners other car.

Nisei-170
John's LS from BP VIP looks so hella sexy, I just want to sleep in it...wait.....

Nisei-173

Nisei-179

Nisei-181
Once again, BP VIP.

Nisei-178
Random, biggest portable umbrella at Nisei.

Nisei-182

Nisei-183

Nisei-185

Nisei-186
Nicely done Hondas.

Nisei-184
Support Authenticity.

Nisei-187

Nisei-188

Nisei-189

Nisei-191

Nisei-199
The line of Rotaries were probably the longest out of all.

Pt. 3 will be my final coverage on Nisei, so that will go up either tonight or tomorrow. (-_-)v

0 Comments:

Post a Comment