Event Coverage | Motion Auto Show 2011 (Pt. I)

August 22, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

MAS-283
I'm trying to figure out on how to explain the awesomeness of Motion Auto Show (MAS) yesterday. If this is your first time hearing about this event, then you're not missing out on anything because this is technically a new event. Check out my coverage on Pro-Motion Distributing Grand Opening to read more about it.
First off, let me say this event was the best event I've ever been to. Usually, you'll be seeing me say 'one of the..' but for the first time, I have to admit, Motion Auto Show was totally off the hook.
Just to clarify something before some of you guys think I'm bull sh*ting, it's not because I won an award. I didn't show my car thinking I was going to win  because it wasn't done and even if it was, I show my car just to show a tC can be modified cleanly because facing the facts, many but not all Scion tCs are modified in an unfavorable way and immature drivers drive it. I've never showed my car at a major event and to be honest, I was a bit excited to see how things were going to be staged. I planned on taking my camera on Saturday when most of the Car Show participants were rolling in, but I was busy as hell trying to fit all the pieces and prepping my car on Friday night, I forgot (-_-;).
*Big thanks to Dino Images for giving me a ride back home. His own coverage will be up during this week so 'Like' their fanpage to be updated.

On Saturday, after washing my car early in the morning, I left at around 10am and took me about an hour to arrive at Long Beach Convention Center. The shitty part was driving the whole way rubbing mad in the front passenger side causing the fender to be slightly burnt and paint chipping off, but o well! I was expecting that to happen because the fronts weren't dialed in properly.
Just for future reference, major events like MAS require you to leave your car 1 day before the event. When I heard about this rule back in the days, I honestly didn't get why that step had to be done, but going through this experience, I now understand why. You'll have to experience this personally and although it's not too comfortable, there is a purpose.
Upon arrival, I spotted the 1UP crew waiting for other members, so I was chilling there for a bit until roll-in. Long story short, everything was organized, stage was freakin huge, and gawd dam the cars were looking sexy! You'll be seeing all of them throughout my partly coverage so stay tuned.

Now! Sunday Sunday! The day you guys were waiting for! Camera was ready but I wasn't! Slept for about an hour or two and I was tired as f*ck!!!! I had no idea where I was walking and who I was talking to in the beginning, but a cup of Starbucks coffee woke me up. Big thanks to Allen Lee for the ride to Motion Auto Show.

MAS-1

MAS-3
Car Show participants had an early access to prep their cars, so I took this opportunity to shoot around before it got packed. I'm not just saying this, but few hours later, the convention center got overcrowded and I had a difficult time shooting some cars. You'll be seeing some weird angles and out-of-focus shots so don't hate me. Most of the photos for this part 1 coverage were taken before the show was opened to the public.

MAS-4

MAS-5

MAS-6
There were tons of vendors at this event, so you'll be seeing some more throughout this coverage.

MAS-294
I'm going to start it off from the way back, where most of the Euros were located. Gogogo!

MAS-7

MAS-8

MAS-9
A few members from Heavy Hitters. There were more HH rides outside and those rides will be shown in probably part 2.

MAS-10
Sexiest wheel finish ever. Gloss Anodized Bronze lips.

MAS-11
Dig the color? I do.

MAS-12

MAS-14

MAS-15

MAS-16
Liking the license plate.

MAS-20
Platinum VIP brought out their top cars.

MAS-17
Camber baby! Woot!

MAS-18
Kennedy's 2JZ powered Aristo. Personally, one of my favorite VIP rides.

MAS-19
Fell in love with this beauty at SEMA 2010.

MAS-21

MAS-22

MAS-23

MAS-24
Chris's ride always amazes me with its static stance and wheels. Yes, I said static.

MAS-26
At the far end left, Alvin from Import Fashion had his own booth with models. I think this was his biggest booth out of all the events. Congratz homie.

MAS-27
AutoFashion and their Ruckuses. More detailed photos later on.

MAS-28
Back to the Euro lineup, I realized MFEST rolled in pretty deep.

MAS-29

MAS-30

MAS-31

MAS-32

MAS-33
Clean and simple, a mix of JDM and Euro. I love it!

MAS-34

MAS-35

MAS-36

MAS-39

MAS-40

MAS-41

MAS-42

MAS-43
Fitted Black on Black.

MAS-44
Extreme widebody M3 looking hella sexy.

MAS-45

MAS-46

MAS-47

MAS-48

MAS-49
Fitted BMWs = win.

MAS-50

MAS-51
Clean looking Porsches. Check that out, 1200HP and 1100HP.

MAS-37

MAS-38

MAS-57
Few vendors I spotted while walking around.

MAS-53
DC Sports had some sick rides on display.

MAS-54
I believe this EG was at Super Street's meet last month.

MAS-55
Powerhouse Amuse 370Z on some never-before-seen wheels.

MAS-64
The same rides from Auto Concept Elite lineup at SpoCom were present at Motion Auto Show. You guys have already seen them, but why not again? Top of the top rides you'll ever see here in SoCal.
This car won Best of Show at SpoCom and won again for this event.

MAS-58

MAS-280
ART!

MAS-59

MAS-60

MAS-61

MAS-66

MAS v-1 MAS v-3

MAS v-4 MAS v-5
Don't you just love these cars? They swept the "Best" class awards, which they surely do deserve it.

MAS-67
Team Infinit brought out 8 cars, but their display idea made it seem like 15 or so.

MAS-68
My top pick from the AE86s.

MAS-70
Terry's Miata had some new shoes for the show. Dori Dori~!

MAS-71
Equip'd MR2. Get it?

MAS-72

MAS-74
Forgot to take a pic of this car because of the blinging BBS RSs.

MAS-75
I heard Abraham did something to his ride not a lot of EGs did back in the days. Props!

MAS-77
Downstar X BoltBoys.

MAS-76
Ending part 1 with our photographer Nick Schultz taking a shot of Team Infinit. Be back tomorrow!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment