Event Coverage | Motion Auto Show 2011 (Pt. II)

August 23, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

MAS-115
The lack of sleep during this past weekend is still affecting my week, but the excitement and fun I had at Motion Auto Show feels as if it never ended. You just get that feeling if an event was awesome and I rarely go through that phase after an event. I'm not trying to over-exaggerate myself just because of all the hype that's been going around. If you were present, you know what I'm talking about.
I've been in this scene for only a year now and going to events/meets every weekend made me understand more about how things go around in the automotive community. When it comes down to events, I've been to some that were really unorganized to a point where staffs were acting unprofessional, but it's events like Motion Auto Show that makes my hobby worthwhile. Big ups to Pro-Motion Distributing and all the staffs at the event, doing a great job from the start to end.
 

MAS-80
Japanese Nostalgic Car is a magazine introducing vintage Japanese automobiles and is known for their annual event called Japanese Classic Car Show (JCCS), which is coming up in September 10th. I just got into Japanese classic cars, so really looking forward to this event.

MAS-78
Pristine Datsun.

MAS-79
Not a classic, but the younger brother of the Datsun above.

MAS-81

MAS-82

MAS-83
Datsun Bluebirds. Classic and rare.

MAS-84

MAS-85
KP61 Toyota Starlet. Check out those Gold ITBs.

MAS-86
DUB had their own section with exotic cars on display. For a second, I thought P. Diddy brought out his ride....or...was it... o_0

MAS-88
Matte _____ Bentley. I don't know the color, but it sure does look sexy.

MAS-89
Right across from this section, I spotted Peter's Yaris representing Stance Wheels.

MAS-90
Random snap of 310 Tuner's booth.

MAS-91
No clue what chassis this was for, but my eyes were blind from the shininess.

MAS-92
Really digged the paint color on this Evo from Team Hybrid.

MAS-93
I spotted this S2000 after the event on the freeway and it was looking mighty sexy.

MAS-94
So this is what Paul was working on~! I knew what kit he was going for, but had no clue it was going to be finished for the show. Wald edition Lexus IS-F on Venaci wheels. Before all the new stuffs were added on, I fell in love with the exhaust and its sound, made by ARQRAY.

MAS-95
While taking this photo, I overheard these two girls talking about how hot the car was. No joke.

MAS-98
Another car from the Venaci booth. I see some massive Carbon Fiber parts.

MAS-96
I seriously loved this look. Fitment, drop, wheels..etc.

MAS-97
Mike Essa's Z4.

MAS-99

MAS-105
From the K&N booth, this famous massive-twin-spectacular-wth-turbo Dodge Viper was on display. If you read my Need for Speed Open House coverage, this was the car having a photoshoot session inside Source Interlink. I really wanted to hear the sound of this beast, but because of not wanting the alarms of every single car to go off, it was pushed in.

MAS-100
I think that dude at the left knew he was going to be in Night-Import.

MAS-102
Out of all the vendor/booths at the event, my favorite was SSR's. Their booth was not crazy like others, but the way how everything was setup was simply awesome. I wanted to take a better shot of Marcus's G35, but because there were too many people around this area, this was the best shot I got.

MAS-103

MAS-104
First time ever seeing this wheel finish in person. Maybe my next set of rims? Who knows?

MAS-107
Our photographer Nick was working on his conversation skills...or...should I say..magic...

MAS-108
Scion Racing handing out free swag like always.

MAS-110
Road Race's GT-R R35 had the right stance and fitment.

MAS-111

MAS-112
Random snaps before the convention center got crowded.

MAS-113
Time Attack Evo? Track stance on those Volk TE37SLs.

MAS-114
Woot! Kerryann's R32!

MAS-118
I did a Random Spotlight on this Genesis built by RMR. It has a mid-located V8 engine pulling 500HP.

MAS-119
Pretty sexy eh?

MAS-120

MAS-121
VIP AutoSalon never ceases to amaze me.

MAS-122
While walking around, spotted JDM Sport!

MAS-123
Now to the front left side of the showcase area, team Ar-kan rolled in deep like they did in SpoCom. More photos of this team later on.

MAS-125
I have never seen this conversion on a NSX. I posted a live photo while at MAS on Sunday to hear your opinions. What do you guys think about it now?

MAS-126
Got a bit thirsty and walked toward the NOS booth. That thing is chilltastic~

MAS-127
Back to the cars, Black on Black!

MAS-128

MAS-129

MAS-131

MAS-132
Few Domestic rides in line.

MAS-133

MAS-134
Genesis line.

MAS-135
DJ Pow's Civic next to my ride.

MAS-136
Gen5Alive..hmm..I just remember seeing this Truck at a few meets.

MAS-139
YoooO~~~! There's my ride (^-^)v

MAS-138
Some crazy drag car I've never seen before, repping JDM Sport.

MAS-141
742 Marketing represent.

MAS-142

MAS-145
Drift cars from Formula D.

MAS-143
Clean clean!

MAS-144
Random snap of some models. I see LumDigital! By the way, I didn't take any Model shots, so don't be looking forward to it (-_-;)

MAS-148

MAS-146
Slammed.

MAS-147
Bunch of people watching other people playing SSFIV.

MAS-149
Insane turbo setup S2000 I showed you guys in my Nisei coverage. It was on Mugen or Volk wheels last time, but changed it shoes to CCWs.

MAS-150

MAS-151

MAS-152

MAS-153

MAS-154

MAS-155
The front right side area had another line of Euros on display. I spot some cars from Europrojektz and MB Junkies.

MAS-157
OJ's sexy LS.

MAS-159

MAS-158
Crooks & Castles BMW Wagon on Black Chrome BBS LMs.

MAS-160
Clean looking Evo on BBS LMs.

MAS-161

MAS-162
Good to see Team Nuisance.

MAS-163

MAS-165
RB25 baby!

MAS-167
FD on Work Meisters.

MAS-168
Yoshi's Evo 10, now on Enkei RPF1s.

MAS-173
It seems like Team Hybrid and Savini wheels collaborated to be one team.

MAS-169

MAS-171

MAS-172
Password:JDM's GT-R R35. I miss one person.... (_ _)

MAS-174
Savini's Lambo with Tecnocraft seats.

MAS-175
Nick was doing his thing like always. He was pretty much walking around with me throughout the whole event, so there will be no separate coverage.

MAS-176

MAS-177

MAS-178
It was sort of awkward seeing these cars that never had Team Hybrid decals. Either way, Team Hybrid rolled pretty deep and more cars from the team will be showed later on.

MAS-180
Back to Team Ar-kan, most of the cars were already introduced in my SpoCom coverage.

MAS-181
Many of you guys loved this car because of its overall look. Volk TE37s look good on ANY car.

MAS-182

MAS-183

MAS-185

MAS-187

MAS-194
Nicely modified Evos from Team Ar-kan.

MAS-195
Found out the owner of this Mustang is a Korean! How awesome is that! I thought I was the only Korean in this scene.

MAS-197
Seen this IS-F a few times now and love the look.

MAS-198
Difficult to spot a Lotus these days...

MAS-199
S2000 from 2 teams.

MAS-196
Black on Black monster.

MAS-184
Owner of this G is a chick. How hot is that.

MAS-188
Luigi's S2000 on customized BBS LMs done by Wheelflip.

MAS-190
This Rx-8 was hella loud!

MAS-191
I really liked how the owner decided to go with White TE37s. Makes the car pop out more.

MAS-192
Not bad! Clean as hell.

MAS-193
I was a bit clueless on why the Carbon Fiber fenders were added when the wheels had such a high offset. The front windshield even had a huge ass crack.

MAS-200
Sick rides from StreetLights.

MAS-201
Line of xBs from Scion Image.

MAS-202
Back to Team Hybrid's line, here is Daniel Spielman's Ings +1 350Z.

MAS-203

MAS-204

MAS-205

MAS-206
I usually know most of the tCs here in SoCal, but never came across this one before. It had the Greddy Turbo Kit, which is pretty rare to see on a tC. Props!

MAS-207

MAS-208
First time seeing this Subaru Wagon. Killer paint job.

MAS-209
Whew~ that was a pretty long part 2 coverage. Part 3 will be the last, so come back soon!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment