Event Coverage: Los Angeles Auto Show (Part I)

November 22, 2010

Night-Import: Photography by William Lee

IMG_6953

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It was pouring here in CA and most of the events I was planning to go to got cancelled, which is the worse thing that can ever happen to me. I try to enjoy my weekends with cars but cancelled events?
But luckily, LA Auto Show was going on throughout the whole week and I had to step out of the house to enjoy some new released cars.

First of all, if you have Mysophobia (fear of germs, etc.), you better take a hand sanitizer when you plan on going to this show. This was my first time going to the LA Auto Show as a photographer so I observed all my surroundings. People sneeze in the cars, touch almost every single interior part, etc. It was far more worse than SEMA. I even seen some spectators touching and hitting the hoods of some R8's, AMG's, and all those high end cars, which you DON'T want to see if you're a car lover like me.

Anyways, I had a very difficult time taking photos for this event. It got even worse when I found out half of my photos got deleted. The wide angle I borrowed is not in my possession anymore so I had to use one of my other lenses to compensate a good coverage. It was a Sunday so the place was packed! but I tried my best so hope you guys like the coverage.

I'm starting the post off with the new, but prototype, Mazda Shinari. How the design originated was by looking into a cat that was about to leap or something. I don't know the full story but this car is gorgeous!



Let's start off with the Infiniti booth. By the way, I didn't take a lot of photos on cars that we see too often. There was a newly debuted Infiniti, M35 Hybrid, but this car caught my attention.

IMG_6933

IMG_6932

It's the Infiniti Essence, a hybrid sports coupe, twin-turbocharged 3.7L V6 petrol engine. The overall design is striking and fresh.

IMG_6930

IMG_6928

Louis Vuitton designed? That's like adding another couple of thousands to an already expensive car. You'll be able to find some in-depth coverages on Speedhunters so check it out.

IMG_6934

To the Cadillac section.

IMG_6940

IMG_6939

This is the 2011 CTS-V Coupe.
I've been looking into the CTS's for awhile and love the masculinity.

IMG_6937

556HP supercharged V8? I'll take it.

IMG_6942

Definitely can't miss the Escalade's. Living in a country where gas prices are exceeding, this Hybrid Escalade will save you some money.

IMG_6944

Engines displayed at the Cadillac section.

IMG_6945

A closer look into the CTS-V coupe.

IMG_6946

An Urban Luxury Concept vehicle on display. It is being compared to many popular city cars today. 1.0L 3-cyliner engine, 56 mpg/ 65 mpg.

IMG_6948

To the Mazda section.

IMG_6951

IMG_6949

The Shinari.

IMG_6952

As mentioned before, gorgeous.

IMG_6954

IMG_6955

IMG_6956

I remember seeing these cars at SEMA.

IMG_6957

The all-new 2012 Mazda 5. Increased HP and an all new interior look will attract Mazda lovers.

IMG_6959

I'm into Minivans...I have to stop watching those crazy minivans rolling in the streets of Japan.

IMG_6961

Most of you guys know about Sonatas and Genesis/Genesis Coupes, but I highly doubt you heard or even seen the 2011 Hyundai Elantra. Hyundai Automotive has been getting better in almost every category and I was especially impressed with their improved designs.

IMG_6964

The Audi section was the most busiest section out of all. As always, people were gathered around the R8's.

IMG_6963

This R8 will need to go through a major buffing/wax job. There were scratches all around the clearcoat, finger prints top to bottom...

IMG_6966

R8 Spyder.

IMG_6968

and the R8.

IMG_6969

IMG_6970

Couple of other Audi's. The R8 GT 5.2 Quattro was stunning.

IMG_6972

I was pretty frustrated when I saw this guy. One, he was blocking my view the whole time, second, he was actually hitting the hood with this fist and swiping it with his fingers as if it was his own.

IMG_6974

The grill on this Audi A8L was enormous!

IMG_6995

Hello Lexus.

IMG_6976

IMG_6977

IMG_6978

IMG_6981

Spectacular color, slammed, sexy rims, VIP.
An extra step to make a LS 600hL Hybrid sexy as hell.

IMG_6979

IMG_6985

Street Version 2011 GS 450h Hybrid on Volk Te-37 SL, Brembo BBK, TEIN coilovers, and much more.

IMG_6988

IMG_6989

IMG_6991

Apologize for not taking a full photo of the LF-A. It was obviously the most attracted car out of all the Lexus's.

IMG_6997

Loved the color of the 2011 E63. A family was enjoying their moments.

IMG_7008

IMG_7006

Slick body, Gullwing doors, and CF interior panels with Red OEM seats. The 2011 SLS AMG became my favorite.

IMG_7012

IMG_7013

IMG_7014

IMG_7016

Someone was saying this was the most high-valued car out of all. Is it true? I have no idea.
But I do know it has a V12 Twin Turbo pulling 620HP/738lb/ft.

IMG_7018

IMG_7019

IMG_7020

IMG_7022

The BMW section was not as busy as other places. $60k M3, even though stocked, was my favorite.

IMG_7026

Before I headed out to the Ketina hall, I took a shot of this Sonata Hybrid. Both the price and design are amazing.

I'll be continuing the LA Auto Show coverage tomorrow with Part II, covering the KETINA Hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment