Special Coverage | Wrong Fitment Crew Summer Meet

September 19, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

WFC-6
Wrong Fitment Crew (WFC)....this forum/site is the reason why I got into the hellaflush and stance scene. It feels as if it was yesterday when I typed in 'stance' on google, showing many sites as a result and one of them being WFC. Once I clicked on the link, my journey with the fitted scene began. To be honest, I don't even really remember how I came across the term 'stance'. This is during the period when I had no clue about modifying a car and thought aftermarket wheels were the shit.
Don't get me wrong, the choice and sizing of wheels is a critical factor when it comes to fitment, but WFC showed much more than only components.
Because of the site being a forum, people from all over the world joined WFC to show off their rides or to ask for help from fellow fitted car owners. My first day observing the site was expressed with a smile and it went on for days and weeks. It was more than just a favor or liking, but an addiction. Every morning, a cup of coffee was enjoyed with WFC and while others were studying about Biological Evolution, I was looking through the history of how stance involved.
The knowledge I have about different styles of fitment and wheel sizing all came from WFC. Just think of it as a fitment wikipedia.

Well few weeks ago, the Associate Director of WFC, Bobby Bouaphakeo, contacted me regarding their meet and was asking for coverage. I missed out on their previous meet in Santa Monica, CA and always told myself not to miss their next one, so without any doubt, September 18th was marked with an important note and alert for a 100% attendance to WFC's meet. Planned to meet up with a caravan group near my pad, I woke up early and headed straight to my car, cleaning those tire residues from daily rubbing and scraping, and right before I was about to head out, my right fender buckled. It really isn't a big deal anymore, but a problem occured once I turned my steering wheel to get some clearance to work with the fender and realizing the inner threads of both my front tires were totally gone. Long story short, home -> Irwindale Speedway -> home -> change to stock tires -> Murrieta, CA -> WFC meet @ VIP Tint.

WFC-1
I arrived at around 2pm and there were a few cars still rolling in, but the majority left! Luckily, the crowd was still alive. This Boso inspired Cressida greeted spectators entrance.

WFC-2
Slammed EK.

WFC-3
Deadly looking Evo.

WFC-4
Fitted with a rack. JDM!

WFC-5

WFC-83
I usually see most of the WFC rides here in SoCal, but never came across this S2000 on Enkei RPF1s. Clean!

WFC-7

WFC-88
Loved the color on this RPS13. Dammit..the edit on the first photo came out sucky. Sorry guys.

WFC-8
I didn't get a chance to take a full shot of an Evo with these Black Volk TE37s, but it was looking sexy.

WFC-9
VIP rides from AutoFashion. By the way, make sure to check out their upcoming event!

WFC-10

WFC-75
Somewhat fitted Corvette on Iforged wheels.

WFC-73
Next to it was this Boss looking Camaro.

WFC-11
Not a common wheel choice, Work VS-XX, on BMWs, but it blended pretty nicely.

WFC-12
WMB finished Work XD9s caught everyone's attention on this Legacy.

WFC-13
Infiniti M, aka Fuga, madness!

WFC-14
Josh's E30! Dam yO! It was looking FRESH!

WFC-15
Wow! This LS killed it on SSR Professor SP1s.

WFC-16

WFC-17
Can't go wrong with sexy VIP rides like these. Good seeing ya Oscar!

WFC-19
Kenny's fitted tC on Leon Hardiritt Ordens! Baller status.

WFC-20
I ❤ Hakosuka.

WFC-21
Ouuuuuu~~~

WFC-22
Ahhhhhh~~~ Job Design baby!

WFC-23

WFC-24
Hella slammed Euros.

WFC-25
Still a very good crowd.

WFC-26
A mix of flush and tuck.

WFC-27
In the making...

WFC-28
I had no idea what was going on here at the other side of the showcase lot.

WFC-29
Holy moly. Beastly Toyota truck on Varrstoens.

WFC-37

WFC-31
Rotary power!!!

WFC-32
More drop and good to go.

WFC-33

WFC-34
Good fitment but poor choice on center caps.

WFC-35
Er? BMW wheels on a RPS13. Interesting...

WFC-36
Flush!

WFC-38
No idea on those wheels, but this Miata was well fitted.

WFC-39
Fitted STi for the win.

WFC-41
Prelude on RPF1s.

WFC-43
Not digging the wheels, but I see some progress.

WFC-44
Drool....

WFC-45

WFC-46
Jonathan Xayarath's Z on CCWs.

WFC-47
Edwin Castillo's Evo. He was wearing some tight ass short pants...should've taken a photo..

WFC-48
Look who made it! Our editor Edgar Lozoya's sexy G.

WFC-49
Didn't really want to show you a pic of 1013MM's ride because it's going to have its own Spotlight feature, but because his ride is sexy and he ain't, here it is.

WFC-50
Armand's widebody MR2 with insane fitment. I always like his spare wheel on display.

WFC-51

WFC-52
Purple CCWs!

WFC-53
That's wsup! BBSs + BMW = Win!

WFC-54
Looks very familiar..anyways, really liked the chrome dipped(?) CE28ns.

WFC-55
Nice! If this is the car I'm thinking of, it was the first STi Wagon I saw on WFC's forum.

WFC-56
SC from OneLove.

WFC-58
My homies!!

WFC-57

WFC-95
EuroTuner star Jose Romo's Audi and another member's STi repping 1UP x It's JDM yO!

WFC-59

WFC-60
My family members! Tracy's TSX and Allen's IS, both from Low N Slow.

WFC-62
People still sag their pants?

WFC-63
Royal Origin in the house!

WFC-67
Kool peepz! Look at Brendan sitting like a boss.

WFC-64

WFC-66

WFC-68

WFC-69

WFC-70

WFC-72

WFC-71
These guys know about fitment!

WFC-80

WFC-74
Congratz on the feature Dennis!

WFC-76
Been a long time since I saw Josh's ride.

WFC-77
Luigi's S2000 on custom BBS LMs done by Wheelflip.

WFC-79
My boys!

WFC-81
Time to explore the outside lot once again!

WFC-82
STi on aggressive sized Rota Grids.

WFC-84
People starting to roll out.

WFC-85

WFC-86
Look at these guys blocking my view :D

WFC-87

WFC-90

WFC-93

WFC-91
........you do this again 1013MM and i'll shoot boba at your car.

WFC-94
1UP x It's JDM yO! chilling with AutoFashion.

WFC-98
Chillin and relaxin~

WFC-99
Ending the coverage with this s2000 on Volk TE37s.

It was a long drive and hot as fuk, but worth it. Thanks again to WFC members for always supporting the stance scene! Much love! (no homo).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment