Event Coverage | Japanese Classic Car Show (Pt. I)

September 12, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

JCCS-226
Most of you guys know I'm pretty new into the car scene. There are so many things to learn and because I'm a blogger, I personally feel as if I need to go out there and experience different types of events. There were a few I missed out on last year, but the one I regret missing was Japanese Classic Car Show (JCCS). Back then and still now, I lack the knowledge of classic cars because people in general, including myself, tend to follow what's recent and also the fact that cars are developing so rapidly, the technicalities behind making a vehicle is getting complicated and advancing, which is why people become careless of classics and go with what's expensive and has a name . It's really unfair to compare the performance of a 25~30 year old car to cars today, but when it comes down to the design of a car and the potential of how much an engine can be upgraded, classic cars cannot be ignored.
I strongly favor the car industry because of still supporting classic cars. In reality, cars today are being made based off of old designs. For example, think about the upcoming new car FT-86. Its concept included both the old and new; the look and performance of a Corolla AE-86 and somewhat of a trendy look, reminding one of a Lexus LF-A.
Japanese Classic Car Show is a day when we look back at the cars that started everything. The sexiest, freshest, and sickest classics gathering at one place is not so common, which is why this event is a must-to-attend.

JCCS-11
I was a bit worried about the weather because once I woke up and checked some status updates from friends on Facebook, a massive thunderstorm hit the OC area and rained as if the world was going to end. Luckily, the weather was perfect when I arrived.

JCCS-1
After the shot I took above, I walked back to the parking lot area because of some sick rides I spotted while walking around.

JCCS-2
Pristine Datsuns.

JCCS-4
I saw a Bimmer with BBS LM reps...why do I say fake? because the original BBS center cap was on a non-BBS wheel. Don't fake the funk!

JCCS-5
Classic Datusn for sale.

JCCS-6
Ouuuu!!~~~ Celica ST parked pretty.

JCCS-7
There were so many nice cars outside the showcase lot, it took me about 30 minutes to walk around the whole area.

JCCS-8
Wow! Flushed Infiniti M30, also known as Nissan Leopard F31.

JCCS-9
Another classic Nissan Leopard. I think it was on Watanabes, but not too sure now.

JCCS-10
Part 1 will mostly cover the front lot area and a bit of the back area, so let's see how this goes.

JCCS-12

JCCS-13
Seems like a 2nd Gen Toyota Corolla.

JCCS-15
Looks very familiar...

JCCS-16

JCCS-17
Nicely done Toyota Corolla. Is that a F20C engine? HOT!

JCCS-18

JCCS-19
Classic Toyota Wagon.

JCCS-20
I turned around and saw this crowd surrounding the cars from Heavy Hitters. There were too many people, but I was able to capture the Rx-4, which will be shared later on.

JCCS-21
I remember seeing this Corolla at IDRC last year.

JCCS-22

JCCS-23

JCCS-24

JCCS-25
Datsun Bluebird-U on some classic wheels.

JCCS-26
"Zipties FTW"

JCCS-27

JCCS-28
Looks like the engine was dropped in a day before because it's So freakin clean!

JCCS-29
I saw a lot of small groups talking with car owners. It was a great moment to capture.

JCCS-30
Use SmartWater to hold your hood.

JCCS-32
Datsun Wagon that was at Motion Auto Show.

JCCS-33

JCCS-35
Fell in love with this AE86 since TORC.

JCCS-34
The only Supra MKIV.

JCCS-36
Steve's AE86 from Cusco USA was so popular.

JCCS-37
That is one big ass trophy.

JCCS-38
Classic Trucks!

JCCS-39
Classic Bikes!

JCCS-40
These were pretty awesome.

JCCS-41
Not your ordinary Toyota Hilux.

JCCS-42
Forget Tanks. Take this Datsun.

JCCS-43

JCCS-44
This is my 3rd time seeing this Datsun truck. The setup is gorgeous.

JCCS-46

JCCS-48
Hmm...time to get a Truck?

JCCS-47

JCCS-49
Oldy Sexy.

JCCS-50
Random snap of the crowd.

JCCS-53
Cusco USA. Support them!

JCCS-52
This thing looked pretty expensive for some reason...

JCCS-51
I've already seen this Skyline a few times now, but really...how can you not be impressed seeing such an old car in this condition. ❤

JCCS-54
Guess the car...

JCCS-55

JCCS-59
Boya! Another classic Skyline GT-R.

JCCS-56
She came out of nowhere. Not sure if the guy at the right was taking a photo of the front bumper or the girl's legs.

JCCS-57
I'm seeing Super Street at few events now.

JCCS-58
Datsun Truck from a magazine called Project Car.

JCCS-60
Drag built.

JCCS-61
Doesn't need to be super slammed to look sexy. Time to get a Datsun now!

JCCS-63

JCCS-64

JCCS-65
"O no..gawd dam..shiet...WOW...holy..." that's what I said to myself when I saw this C110 'Kenmari' Skyline GT-R.

JCCS-66
Hmm...I'm wondering how much I'll need to save up to buy one, go through all those state legal stuff, etc.

JCCS-67
It's a bullet!

JCCS-68
Main stage where the awards were announced.

JCCS-69
YAY! Celicas!!!

JCCS-70

JCCS-71
Very difficult...Skyline GT-R or Celica GT...dammit..I don't care. Both are sexy cars.

JCCS-72

JCCS-73
Gas savers. Why the hell is the gas price rising again? ...

JCCS-74
Guys observing the Honda N600.

JCCS-76
Can you believe this car was made in the 1970s?

JCCS-78
You don't need a fancy car to break necks. This Honda Z600 will do the job.

JCCS-79

JCCS-80
I'll be back with Part 2 so come back soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment