Event Coverage | SEMA 2011 (Pt. II)

November 5, 2011

Night Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

SEMA-173
It seems like a lot of you guys enjoyed my first coverage on this event, so I'm hoping this one will be as good as the first. I'm now finally back from Vegas, so I'll try my best to be more descriptive than just dumping in photos. I usually say "there are tons of photos to share" after I come back from an event, but for SEMA, it's not just photos but cars in general I need to share because every year at SEMA, you'll come across cars you've never seen before. If it was the same car as last year, then it probably went through a makeover with new paint or aftermarket products. There is a reason why so many people working in the automotive industry go to this event because of business purposes or to get new ideas. The overall layout was pretty similar to last year's event, so I didn't have a difficult time navigating myself to certain areas. In my part 2 coverage, I'll be covering the Central Hall where all the Performance related companies displayed their products and cars. Get ready because this one will be long and fun.

SEMA-147

SEMA-148
The first booth I came across was H&R's. This section was at the way back..wait..I can't say the back because Central Hall is just way too massive, I can't actually tell where is where. Anyways, these BMWs were displayed under their booth. The 1M on Super BBS RSs in 19s was pretty interesting.

SEMA-150
Subaru had some nicely modified cars and products on display.

SEMA-149
This hatchback had the new Rays, which will be showed later on in Mackin Industries booth.

SEMA-152
We all know Subarus are famous for Rallying.

SEMA-151
Turbo sizes from BorgWarner.

SEMA-154
M3 under aFe's booth.

SEMA-155

SEMA-156
Evo and Fiat under a booth called Zeitronix.

SEMA-159
Rotora had an awesome display setup. I love White, so anything in White is awesome (^_^)v

SEMA-157
Veilside kit and Advan wheels on this GT-R R35 under Rotora's booth.

SEMA-158

SEMA-163
Keeping it simple, yet aggressive! Loved this Evo 10.

SEMA-160

SEMA-161
Injen had some cars outside and inside on display. This Ralliart Sportback on the new Rotiforms looked pretty unique. Not really my taste, but it sure was different.

SEMA-162
Ouuu~ I had no idea what this car was, so I did my Night Import research and found out it was a car from the Philippines. What's really unique about it, is its 250HP coming out from a hybrid engine.

SEMA-164
I forgot what booth this tC was under, but it was looking pretty darn good! I'm not a fan of 2011 Scion tC models because of its tacky design, but this one killed it in a good way.

SEMA-167
I think this guy was Neil Tjin...not too sure, but he's definitely known in the automotive industry.

SEMA-165
Check this out! This is what I call ART! The design was done by the infamous tattoo artist Mr. Cartoon.

SEMA-169
Camaros were taking the Spotlight at last year's SEMA and it seemed like this year was no different.

SEMA-170
Hotchkis's beast!

SEMA-171
What would you do if you saw a Cop in a Mustang like this one?

SEMA-172
Whoa~~ this one was either a conversion or had a unique body kit.

SEMA-174
I forgot to mention the amount of CLEAN classics!

SEMA-175
Does it look boring?

SEMA-176
In your face!

SEMA-177
I was around this booth for awhile checking out their products.

SEMA-178
Honda presented a lot of modified CR-Zs last year and for this year, they had a mix of new and old cars.

SEMA-179
Crazy fitment on Vossen wheels.

SEMA-180
Seems like this car was featured in Super Street.

SEMA-181

SEMA-187
CR-Zs.

SEMA-183

SEMA-184
Bisi from Bisimoto brought out his new race car.

SEMA-185
Those Purple Rotiforms are catchy!

SEMA-186
I like the bunny...

SEMA-188
2012 Civic Coupe with HPD racing components. This one was pretty awesome.

SEMA-191

SEMA-192
K Sport had a pretty big booth space at the way back.

SEMA-190

SEMA-196
Sexinesses.

SEMA-194

SEMA-193
I don't even remember seeing this Insight last year. Wheels and BBK setup was GORGEOUS!

SEMA-199
NRG wasn't as big as last year, but I like how they set up their booth space.

SEMA-200
Grandpa loving the muscle car.

SEMA-197
Cheverolet's area was entertaining.

SEMA-198

SEMA-201
Corvettes I would love to have.

SEMA-202
Tight!

SEMA-205

SEMA-206
I'm not sure of Chevy had a Tuner Challenge like Scion because there were a few Chevy Sonics modified by different companies.

SEMA-207
Fatlace's Sonic was full of win.

SEMA-210
By Neil Tjin.

SEMA-211
By LDRship Designs.

SEMA-215
I came across this expensive looking motor.

SEMA-213
M3 under Bilstein.

SEMA-216
Gawd .. this car was gorgeous...

SEMA-217

SEMA-218
Toretto in the house!! No..seriously..look at the license plate.

SEMA-219
Mine? Stoptech had a pretty big booth this year.

SEMA-220
Their tracked car.

SEMA-221
And we have Brembo.

SEMA-222
A lot of new companies to look into at SEMA.

SEMA-223
..and the same, but with a different car on display like this Mustang from Mothers booth.

SEMA-224
Awesomeness!

SEMA-226
NOS! NOS! NOS! It's like a NOS family.

SEMA-227
You gotta <3 well done muscle cars.
  SEMA-229
Tough.

SEMA-230

SEMA-231

SEMA-233

SEMA-234
Domestics at SEMA are worthy paying attention to.

SEMA-235
I seriously digged this color big time. It might be the one..hint hint.

SEMA-236

SEMA-237
Wayyyy too crazy! This is a Yellow Hennessey Venom GT under Meguiars booth.

SEMA-238
Smart idea by Magnaflow.

SEMA-239
Vaughn Gitten Jr.'s RTR-X.

SEMA-240
..........Quad turboed? WTH????

SEMA-241

SEMA-243
Mackin Industries putting up a flawless display.

SEMA-245
Woot Woot! TE37Vs in 18!

SEMA-246
The new Volk TE37 Tokyo Time Attack Edition.

SEMA-248
I'm a fan of Project Mu.

SEMA-249

SEMA-250
I don't need a set...one of each is good enough.

SEMA-251
I can already hear the deep tone exhaust sound.

SEMA-252
Completed Greddy Turbo kit...how nice.

SEMA-253

SEMA-254
Cars under Eibach's booth.

SEMA-255
So pristine!

SEMA-256

SEMA-257
Audi on Rotiforms under Air Lift's booth.

SEMA-258
There were a lot of cars under car covers on Tuesday.

SEMA-259
Ken Block's Ford Fiesta.

RWB Hoonigan
I can't explain how much I love RWBs. Nakai san is a genius and seeing his work in person was a different experience. I promised you guys on a Random Nightlight feature on the Green one, so stay tuned. This one is for Fifteen 52 and named Hoonigan.

SEMA-266

SEMA-267

SEMA-268

SEMA-269
Muscles~~~

SEMA-270
GoPro's Race Car.

SEMA-271

SEMA-272

SEMA-273
BC Racing Suspension and their displayed cars.

SEMA-274

SEMA-275
Cusco USA! I heard 'Tarzan' Yamada was here, so if you got a pic with him...I envy you!!!

SEMA-276

SEMA-277
DSPORT brought out an Evo and R35. I didn't know Vinh was there at the left. Wdup yo!

SEMA-278
What a surprise! Who would've expected to see HKS at SEMA?

SEMA-279

SEMA-281

SEMA-283
Epic!

SEMA-286

SEMA-285

SEMA-284
Wow x2! HKS's S2000.

SEMA-288
Unexpected surprise.

SEMA-289
Forged Racing.

SEMA-291
Legendary classic.

SEMA-292
I remember this booth being very colorful.

SEMA-293
One of the cars that got a lot of attention by Medias was this widebody GT-R from High End, painted Matte Orange by DTM Autobody.

SEMA-295
Garrett's Porsche.

SEMA-296
Holy shit!!!!!

Well that's about it from the Central Hall. I think I have more photos to share from this area, so I'll continue on with Part 3 sometime during this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment