Special Coverage | Night-Import x JIC Magic Garage Sale & Meet

May 29, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

IMG_1333
It's been about 7 months now since I official announced Night-Import to the public. The feelings I had about cars back then is still the same, which is why I'm almost at every meet and event here in Southern California. I'm not trying to sound like a cocky person, but when I look at myself now and how I was back then, nothing really changed. Some people built relationships through cars, but for me, it was all about going to events and meeting the same people over and over. I don't want to say it was my photography skills that led to relationships with people because I still think I lack the major components of being an appreciated photographer.
Either way, I thought it was about time we hosted a meet and luckily, with the help of JIC Magic Suspension, it happened.

As most of you guys know, I did an interview with JIC a few weeks ago and after, Jon, the owner of JIC, showed me a decent sized lot behind the body shop where a small meet could be held. I always kept this in mind, but had no idea when to host a meet because of major shows happening on almost every weekend. But when JIC announced a clearance sale through facebook, I took that opportunity to host a meet with JIC, which is why we promoted this meet as a meet + garage sale. Today was that day and I couldn't be any happier.

NightImportxJIC-1
There were 35~40 VIP spots available in this lot and it got filled in an hour. I seriously thought not even half of the cars were going to show up.

NightImportxJIC-7
I would have taken individual car photos, but because I was the only one hosting this meet, I had a difficult time running back and forth bringing in the cars that registered.

NightImportxJIC-6
Few of my friends came to support the meet and surprisingly, a lot of cars that I've never seen before came as well. This twin-turbo G37 coupe dropped by after Supercar Sunday.

NightImportxJIC-3
While I was waiting for more cars to roll-in, i took some random shots of cars that were already parked. I remember seeing this Del-Sol at Eibach's Open House and was glad he made it through. I want to do a Random Spotlight on this ride, so you'll see more of it later on.

NightImportxJIC-4
Owner of this xB lives in NorCal and he dropped by our meet before he headed back. Thanks again!

NightImportxJIC-5
I promoted this meet x garage sale on 50+ forums, so I knew we were going to have a diverse crowd. Tracked status Miata sounded pretty mean coming into the lot.

NightImportxJIC-8
Talked with the owner of this Elise and he came by after reading the meet post on NAGTROC.

NightImportxJIC-9
Slammed G35 getting his spot.

NightImportxJIC-10
Good to see the Evo we featured and Brendan's sexy Supra.

NightImportxJIC-12
There's Brendan at the right, owner of the Supra.

NightImportxJIC-89
I didn't get a chance to talk too much with my teammates, Low N Slow, but I was pretty touched (no homo) to see them coming out to support. Thanks again guys!

NightImportxJIC-13
If you have been following our blog for a long time and checked out our coverage's, you should have noticed the lack of exotic cars, especially one that I love the most; Acura NSX. Promoting this meet on NSXprime, I didn't expect any NSX owners to show up like every other meet I promoted, but a few members did show up. This was probably the only meet I've seen more than 4 NSX's at one meet. Thanks guys.

NightImportxJIC-16
White NSX on Work Emotions.

NightImportxJIC-17

NightImportxJIC-14
Don't know which kit it was on, but this Blue NSX was clean.

NightImportxJIC-39
I remember seeing this one at Rebuilding Japan Meet at Little Tokyo.

NightImportxJIC-38
Black on Black.

NightImportxJIC-18
Always good to see Kelvin and his ride. Once again, happy birthday!

NightImportxJIC-19
Brendan's Supra.

NightImportxJIC-20
Never seen this Z before, but it was looking aggressive.

NightImportxJIC-21
By the time the lot got filled, I had a hard time going around taking shots with my 24-70, so bare with me on the photos.

NightImportxJIC-22
Low N Slow members.

NightImportxJIC-26

NightImportxJIC-23
People checking out the 560HP+ G coupe.

NightImportxJIC-24
Henry and his friends made it out as well. Always appreciating Henry coming out to most of the events/meets I promote. This guy has some major plans with his ride. If you didn't check out his feature, here you go.

NightImportxJIC-25
Charles's vinyl stripped Widebody S2000.

NightImportxJIC-27

NightImportxJIC-28

NightImportxJIC-31

NightImportxJIC-32
Not a lot of cars were able to fit in this lot, but for the next upcoming meet, JIC and I will try to expand this place a bit more.

NightImportxJIC-34

NightImportxJIC-36

NightImportxJIC-37

NightImportxJIC-40

NightImportxJIC-41
Random shots I took while walking around the lot.

NightImportxJIC-42
The body shop was opened for the small garage sale and cars to be parked in to show.
I also want to mention the support by GT-R owners. Around 4 GT-R's dropped by and they had their spots inside the warehouse along with the owners GT-R and JIC project cars.

NightImportxJIC-43
Other side of the office was another parking lot for non-VIP members but for those who came in early. JDM Sport's project 370Z made it out.

NightImportxJIC-44
A few other rides.

NightImportxJIC-45

NightImportxJIC-46
Sick VIP cars.

NightImportxJIC-47
Junction Produce GS.

NightImportxJIC-49

NightImportxJIC-48
One of my favorite VIP rides at the event, this GS was insane. Of course, our supporters Platinum VIP do a tremendous job with VIP cars.

NightImportxJIC-50

NightImportxJIC-51
Job Design body kit and Job Design quad exhaust. That, right there, is money.

NightImportxJIC-54
Platinum VIP's new wheel line, Phantom Forged Wheels on this GS with Volk Racing lug nuts.

NightImportxJIC-52
Had a hard time trying to keep myself away from this car.

NightImportxJIC-57
Other rides that made it out. Thanks guys!

NightImportxJIC-55
Eric's DC5 parked across the street.

NightImportxJIC-56
I heard a few S2000's dropped by but left pretty early.

NightImportxJIC-63
G35 from RAREJDM.

NightImportxJIC-58
Toan from Platte Forme A.G. brought out this Time Attack M3.

NightImportxJIC-61
Thanks to Johnny Ho, Dos Chinos came out.

NightImportxJIC-62

NightImportxJIC-59

NightImportxJIC-60
People chilling inside the bodyshop.

NightImportxJIC-66
Around 12:30pm, most of the cars left and I had some space to take some better shots of the cars that were still parked.

NightImportxJIC-67

NightImportxJIC-68

NightImportxJIC-69

NightImportxJIC-86

NightImportxJIC-71

NightImportxJIC-70
626 guys. Thanks for the pose Eric :D

NightImportxJIC-90
I didn't take too many photos because as mentioned before, I had to manage the meet so was trying to make things go smooth. Once again, thank you to everyone who made it out and sorry if some of you guys didn't have a good time. Please understand this meet x garage sale was put together at the last minute, so some of the information and management was unorganized. JIC and I 'might' plan out another meet very soon and if we do, I promise things will be much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment