Special Coverage: Fatlace 'illest' Grand Opening

January 11, 2011

Night-Import: Photography by William Lee

IMG_9514

I do check the 'Slammed Society' section on Fatlace's website, but not updated with what goes around with their shops and other business. One of my friends told me about their store opening in Little Tokyo of Los Angeles, CA, so I came out of work for a few minutes to see what was going on.

For those who don't really know about Fatlace (and to those who asked questions on our Facebook fan page), here's some information listed on their website:
"At first glance, Fatlace is your typical shop with dope beats, comfy sneaks and kids from car meets but stay a while and discover the details that set this place apart from your usual street boutique. Chill with the crew, grab some free candy and enjoy the exquisiteness that is Japantown. You can also check out our online store where we carry all of our latest product."
And obviously, these guys LOVE slammed rides: Slammed Society.



IMG_9480

Today's coverage is a bit different from what we have covered in the past, but there were some sick cars at the grand opening and I want to share some photos I took inside the store in case you want to go and buy some goodies.

IMG_9477
Now I heard there was going to be a 'surprise gift' for the first 100 customers. I've been seeing some photos of people sleeping in front of the store on Facebook and did expect to see a line, but not this long.
IMG_9478

IMG_9493
Random people were walking by and asking questions about the line. Seems like the clothing business in Little Tokyo will have some competition from now on :)
IMG_9481
I saw some familiar faces and was planning to take a quick shot..
IMG_9482
but.....I got caught.
IMG_9483
some of them woke up at 5am and stayed in line for 7 hours. Fatlace fans right there.
IMG_9486
Saw this Red Supra on Work Equips parked in front of the store. I don't know the owner, but do know he's reppin Platinum VIP. The car is pretty famous so no introduction needed.
IMG_9490

IMG_9497

IMG_9507
Sickest Accord ever! I couldn't take my eyes off this car.
IMG_9495

IMG_9508
Another sick car parked across the store. I've never seen it and speculating the owner came down from Las Vegas because he had the 'Lowballers' decal on his back window.
IMG_9510
This beauty was rolling by and I think he was from Simply Tucked. Quick shot.
IMG_9516

IMG_9517
Now into the store. Some products by Fatlace.
IMG_9518
I really need to buy jeans....
IMG_9519
Cake for the customers.
IMG_9521
I felt like taking that sign and slapping it on my wall.
IMG_9522

IMG_9524
Other goodies and illest clothing.
IMG_9529
Congratulations to Fatlace on their huge success and opening in SoCal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment