Event Coverage | Wekfest LA: All in the Details

June 7, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by Andy Nguyen

NIP-4271.jpg
Wekfest Los Angeles was probably one of the best gatherings of cars I’ve seen in a while. Most shows I go to, I see many of the same cars and maybe a handful of new ones. Although many of the cars are quite stunning, a little variety can go a long way. That being said, I saw the great cars that have been showing all season in addition to many new cars I haven’t seen before the event this past Sunday.
Although the show didn’t start until 12 noon and that being up on various sites, I somehow mistakenly thought that the show started at 8am. While I didn’t get up until 7:30am and arrive until 9am, I was actually pretty lucky because even when I arrived at the event at 9:30/10am, there was already a sizeable line beginning.

NIP-4272.jpg
That is the line for the pre-sale tickets. Pretty short compared to the general admission line.

NIP-4274.jpg

NIP-4275.jpg
I came to the event with my buddy Ben and later, Paul Martinez from UrbanRacer came to join us.

NIP-4277.jpg
I also met RJ Deslate from carxhype at Starbucks before getting to the event. He was stuck in the General Admissions line though.

NIP-4278.jpg
Here he is making sure his camera is ready for the event.

NIP-4286.jpg
I was able to get into the event a bit early thanks to the help of Claim Ho from Firm400. Thanks again for the help Claim!

NIP-4292.jpg
Even though I was expecting 400-500 quality cars, I really couldn’t predict how amazing the cars were. And being so many, it was pretty easy to be overwhelmed by them all. Luckily, I was there with two other staff members of Night-Import. I mostly suck at taking shots of the details so most of the shots don’t show the whole car. Check out Part I and Part II of the coverage for many great shots of the cars by William Lee.

NIP-4298.jpg

NIP-4302.jpg
Spotted our decal on a sick LS1 Silvia! Thanks for supporting!

NIP-4309.jpg
On point fitment!

NIP-4312.jpg
Domo-kun says “oh hai there”

NIP-4315.jpg

NIP-4320.jpg

NIP-4325.jpg

NIP-4326.jpg

NIP-4331.jpg
Carbon Kevlar engine cover and Mugen strut bar

NIP-4339.jpg
Wald LS600hL on HREs featured on Speedhunters recently

NIP-4341.jpg

NIP-4346.jpg
Under the hood of a GS300. No detail is left unattended to with the VIP guys

NIP-4349.jpg
This e36m3 had a full wire tuck and metal widebody. Pretty sick

NIP-4351.jpg
MFest on the wheels? Nice!

NIP-4352.jpg

NIP-4356.jpg
Mfest emblem with carbon fiber vents

NIP-4358.jpg
Biggest BBK I’ve ever seen in person on an e60m5!

NIP-4367.jpg

NIP-4379.jpg

NIP-4381.jpg
Perfect stance

NIP-4382.jpg

NIP-4390.jpg
At first, I didn’t realize this was a NSX! Looks so exotic!

NIP-4391.jpg

NIP-4397.jpg
BBS RS Brothers

NIP-4417.jpg
AMG Brakes behind HREs on a c63amg

NIP-4429.jpg
This GTR was stunning. White CF everywhere flowed so well with the White paint

NIP-4437.jpg
Junction Produce wheels over Junction Produce BBK. No expense spared for this LS

NIP-4441.jpg
Function and form

NIP-4445.jpg
Wide body LSx swapped s13

NIP-4456.jpg
Holy camber Batman! I wonder how often someone tells him his car is broken haha

NIP-4460.jpg

NIP-4463.jpg
Functional Evo!

NIP-4469.jpg
My buddy Rodney’s AirRunner ZVW30 Prius!

NIP-4479.jpg
Aimgain.

NIP-4482.jpg
Scion tC on bags with Leon Hardiritt wheels. Sick!

NIP-.jpg

NIP-4517.jpg
Platinum VIP Supra

NIP-4524.jpg
Porsche on Work Miesters. Hawt!

NIP-4526.jpg

NIP-4534.jpg
Our editor Edgar (left) with Paul from UrbanRacer again (right)

NIP--6.jpg

Needed a break from cars so I found some models!

NIP--2.jpg
Don’t see many blonde white girls at car shows. Very nice ^_^

NIP--3.jpg

NIP--4.jpg
Thanks again ladies for posing for me!

NIP-4503.jpg
Post photo sesh

NIP--5.jpg
AutoFashion girl on a HKS scooter (Honda Ruckus?)

After all that, I was pretty tired and had to get ready to drive back up to the Bay area so I headed back to my place to get ready to drive back. Hope you enjoyed the photos and my random commentary! I had a great time so until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment