Event Coverage | SpoCom 2012 (Part 1)

August 7, 2012

Night Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

SpoCom-77
Finally...yes..FINALLY! I decided to attend a car show after being quiet for another 2 weeks. It felt great to spend some time checking out cars in person rather than seeing only photos of cars online through blogs. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy checking out coverages by others, but it really can't beat the time doing what you love to do in person.

I'm guessing many of you guys should know about SpoCom because it's been one of the major car shows here in California going on for years. If you read my coverage on SpoCom last year, I wrote a simplistic history about the show and etc. so check it out if you have time.
Let's just put it this way; the hardest and sickest cars in California will be at this show no matter what. I'm talking about cars you have never seen before, such as the ones that were built only to display at major shows. SpoCom is definitely in that list of 'best car shows', so for you guys who missed it this year, don't forget about it next year.

I actually got to know about this show from a good friend of mine named Paul Nguyen. Yes, he was part of another organization called MAS, but not to waste your time and to keep the story short, he is now the VP of Marketing for SpoCom. Paul and I have been talking for a few months about SpoCom and when he reached out to me asking if I can promote the show, I couldn't step back and ignore it, because he was personally an awesome friend of mine and always helped out Night Import. I did have to decline his offer of holding a meet together though, so my bad Paul!
Anyways, let's get on to the coverage, shall we?



SpoCom-1
I think I arrived at Anaheim around 4pm and thought parking wasn't going to be a problem...but I was wrong. I had to wait for an hour to enter the lot and I was sweating like a biatch! BUT! once I arrived and while walking to the Convention Center, I spotted this beauty and my pissed mood disappeared. If you know me well, I spend a lot of time at the parking lot to check out cars, but on the day of SpoCom, it was way too hot.

SpoCom-4
YAY! Inside the Convention Center. Pretty much the same setup like last year.

SpoCom-2
Look who I bumped into? The famous 1013mm and his girlfriend Courtney :) It was good seeing you guys. By the way, when are we going to Gaam again?

SpoCom-3
See! I'm talking about QUALITY cars at SpoCom. This is only the beginning...

SpoCom-5
MFEST rolled in deep like always.

SpoCom-6

SpoCom-7

SpoCom-8
Really loved how this S2000 was sitting nicely on some wheels I've never seen before. Gold Gold Gold!

SpoCom-9
My boys from Import Fashion was doing it big. This booth will probably be the ONLY booth having a party with tons of models.

SpoCom-10
Carl's IS looking good!

SpoCom-11
I'm not a fan of Euros with bike racks at car shows, but o well! Rolling in style.

SpoCom-13
Didn't even expect Richard to bring out his ride. It won something, but I forgot. Good talking to you Richard and my bad for not sticking too long :/

SpoCom-14
Erick's G on wheels that belonged to Yuta. Good buy!

SpoCom-15
Tracy's TSX on wheels customized by Wheelflip. If you have some wheels that needs to be refinished or want a new look to it, hit up wheelflip. I got my BBSs done by them and never regretted it.

SpoCom-16
Luigi's S2000 on SSRs sitting inside the booth.

SpoCom-17
There's Luigi.

SpoCom-18
I didn't know much about this 370Z until Jay commented on this photo once I posted it up on my fanpage. So this Z was built and worked on by a few companies; StatusAutoworks Gardena, ViP Status, USA +Venaci Wheels, and Impressive Wrap. Gawd dam this ride was sexy.

SpoCom-19
What about Carbon Fiber?

SpoCom-20

SpoCom-21
I think I've never missed these two Evos at a car show. Props to these guys.

SpoCom-22
It was all about VIP rides under the booth of 88 Rotors.

SpoCom-23

SpoCom-24

SpoCom-25
Ah! Mike's Job Design GS.

SpoCom-27
Can't beat a fitted Ferrari.

SpoCom-28
Harro Ray! Haven't seen you in a long time. I think I see your car more than you haha

SpoCom-29
Wow. Didn't expect to see any VIP cars on Garsons.

SpoCom-30
Loved the color on this STi.

SpoCom-31
I think I need a VIP car....

SpoCom-32
Haven't seen this famous IS for a long time.

SpoCom-33

SpoCom-34
Two finely built rides from Team Praxis.

SpoCom-35
Sitting hard as f*ck.

SpoCom-36
Probably my first time seeing Big Mike's Prelude on different wheels. Sick like always.

SpoCom-37
We all know about this car right? Mike Mao's Twin-turbo NSX.

SpoCom-38
Remember this GT-R R35? If you are a fan of my blog, then I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about. Still clueless? ... just click here.

SpoCom-39
You know what...I actually like the color on this supercharged Z.

SpoCom-40
Nicely built Scion xBs are worth checking out.

SpoCom-41
I've been seeing a lot of R8s recently in ktown and always break my neck following the orgasmic sound these cars make.

SpoCom-42
Rx-7 FD wrapped by Impressive Wrap. Liking the new wheel setup.

SpoCom-43
Can't go wrong with a classic Porsche.

SpoCom-44
Line of cars from R-Rydes.

SpoCom-45
The famous widebody TSX.

SpoCom-46
Peter Vong's project Celica GT.

SpoCom-47
Cleanest and probably the rarest Bluebird you'll ever find in SoCal.

SpoCom-48
Something about that hood makes me shiver.

SpoCom-49
Ou~ Never knew R-Rydes had a conv. Bimmer.

SpoCom-50
Always appreciate my boy Armand coming up to me whenever I go to a show. It's not just those "O hey~" kind of greeting, but he actually greets me as if I came back from the dead haha. Seriously though, my mood gets up whenever Armand says wsup, so to Armand, thanks man!

SpoCom-51
Randy's flawless G.

SpoCom-52
Jose, aka Eurotuner star, has been upgrading his ride slowly and I really like how it sits right now on those White SSRs.

SpoCom-53
Kelvin recently wrapped his car in White and also changed his wheel setup to a different colored Volk TE37s.

SpoCom-54

SpoCom-55
If I'm not mistaken, the ONLY authentic Veilside NSX in CA. From the many wheel choices available for this car, really dig how the owner went with VIP Modular Wheels.

SpoCom-57
Mmm!!! One of my favorite BBS models on this M3.

SpoCom-56

SpoCom-58
Ass ass ass ass.

SpoCom-59
I'll be back with Part 2. Kind of tired right now after not being able to sleep for the past....6 hours. See you guys soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment