Event Coverage | SpoCom 2012 (Part 2)

August 10, 2012

Night Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

SpoCom-109
This week has been pretty hectic and I barely had time to compile rest of the coverage for all you guys who were looking forward to part 2. There are still a lot of cars that weren't in part 1 that will be in today's coverage, so don't click on the X button at the top right of your window.

So to add some of my thoughts in part 2, I think SpoCom had a lot more spectators compared to last years event. Tons of people were walking in and out and when I had to wait for more than 40 minutes to just park, I instantly realized SpoCom was going to be off the hook. Car wise, I would say it was similar or less. There were a line of cars that I haven't seen last year, as well as not seeing cars that participated last year. Either way, the show was great and I had a great time.



SpoCom-60
I didn't realize this GT-R R35 belonged to Paul Garcia until he came up to me to say hi. Last time I saw his car, it was stock Red. What you see here is actually not paint but wrapped.

SpoCom-61

SpoCom-62

SpoCom-65
Loved this M3. So clean and simple.

SpoCom-63
I remember this beauty at SEMA. Jackson, Jason, Kay Bae, and I were talking in front of this car for like an hour because we had nothing to do haha.

SpoCom-64
My favorite Benz in the scene was recently wrapped by Impressive Wrap. If you have no idea what model this is or what kit it has, it's a Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG with a full Misha Designs Widebody Kit. Want to know more about it? Click here.

SpoCom-66
Not sure if I like semi-fitted Porsche Panameras...but still awesome!

SpoCom-67
Loving those concaved DPEs.

SpoCom-68
Probably one of the most famous GT-R R35s here in SoCal..or maybe around the world!

SpoCom-70
Those Blue wheels caught my attention.

SpoCom-71
We all know about this car...right?

SpoCom-72
Hmmm...not a common wheel choice on Audis. I would say it could pull it off if the fronts were as concaved as the rears.

SpoCom-73
Matte Orange? Lego.

SpoCom-74
Realized how Europrojektz rolled in deep like usual.

SpoCom-75
Nilo's RPS13. He is also the owner of a site called DaYUUM! Seriously, that's the name of his site and they post some incredible things, not only related to cars.

SpoCom-76
Track stance Scion FR-S.

SpoCom-77
The cover photo of my part 1 coverage.

SpoCom-78
I would say the Five Axis kit for the Scion FR-S is one of the best looking kits out there today.

SpoCom-79
Simple and elegant.

SpoCom-80
Another Five Axis kitted Scion FR-S.

SpoCom-81

SpoCom-82
I'm guessing this one was to show how a Scion FR-S can be built in a game or something.

SpoCom-83
Just realized those wheels were on the Widebody Five Axis Scion FR-S concept.

SpoCom-84
Cusco USA built a stunning FR-S. We all know Cusco specializes in suspension parts, so this one was obviously built to kill all the cars on track. You can see how their FR-S is on the Five Axis kit.

SpoCom-85
Great fitment on this Scion FR-S.

SpoCom-86
This Scion FR-S by M7 Japan (USA) was gorgeous. The color stood out like fuk! It would have looked MUCH better if it was lowered a tad bit, but other than that, great wheel choice, great color, and great kit.

SpoCom-88
Blacked out.

SpoCom-87
Ooooo shiieeettttt. Probably the only team with cars that dropped jaws. I remember seeing this magazine featured Lexus IS at some show in Fontana and I think it belongs to David.

SpoCom-89
Ough....so beautiful....a fukin Widebody VW GTI.

SpoCom-90
1st place Subaru! Obviously, the best looking WRX I have seen since I started my blog.

SpoCom-91
Jelly.

SpoCom-92
I remember seeing this CLS55 AMG in PAS magazine.

SpoCom-93
Whatever car show you go to and if you see this Infiniti FX35, it will always get Best of Show. The details and bodywork on this car is something you have to see in person.

SpoCom-94
Gs with a fully polished engine bay... fuk!

SpoCom-96
Platinum VIP had a sick lineup. You will see these guys rolling deep if they decide to come out.

SpoCom-97
There's Kennedy (2nd to the right), who is the boss at Platinum VIP. My bad for not saying hi!

SpoCom-98
I loved this Sil80 when I saw it at Formula Drift:Long Beach and fell in love again.

SpoCom-99
Spectators checking out Kennedy's 2JZ Aristo.

SpoCom-100

SpoCom-101
Gotta love these beauties.

SpoCom-103
Incredible Job Design kit comes out once again! Job Design World Premium 8 Body Kit on this Lexus LS460 guys.

SpoCom-104
Ahhh!!! I love this car!! AHHHHHH

SpoCom-106
Bumped into this LS a lot last year.

SpoCom-107
Ou! Fitted Accord on BBS LMs.

SpoCom-108
Tons of Camaros.

SpoCom-110
Seems like this Z is on the Amused kit.

SpoCom-111

SpoCom-112

SpoCom-113

SpoCom-114

SpoCom-115
Always a pleasure to see the rides from SoCalDriven.

SpoCom-116
Andrew can't get rid of those TE SLs. He's in love with them.

SpoCom-117
S2000 from It's JDM yO!

SpoCom-118
I didn't have time...or...should I say I wasn't interested, where the models were.

SpoCom-119
Not sure if I have seen you or know you, but gawd dam... I mean... like... huh?.... why? ...
Nowadays, I don't really care about the clothing on models because more than 80% of them are wearing bikinis and if the body is fine, then it's all good, but when i come across a so-called model who does NOT have a body and some clustering fat compiled near the thighs, SHIT!

..and that guy at the back is pretty dam close to the girl signing a poster or something.

Anyways! Sorry to end it with a rant, but I just have to say things I'm not satisfied with. Other than the photos posted above though, this year's SpoCom had some great models. I just didn't take some of my time taking photos of them. Great job to our girls Raichelle and Eva Skye.

Have a great one guys. Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment