Special Coverage | Anime Expo 2011 (Pt. II)

July 3, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee | Attended with Kain

AX-142
Long weekends in California usually means the week goes by without any events. Most of you guys know tomorrow is Independence Day, so it's a time to relax and 'appreciate'. Luckily, Anime Expo was going on, so my eagerness to shoot happened at Anime Expo throughout this week. Today's coverage will continue on from yesterday's, and I'll probably post up a few more continuous parts if I feel like it.
Starting off Part 2 with one of Toyota booths model dressed up as Hatsune Miku.

AX-82
Still tons of people.

AX-83
Randomly passed by this guy doing his coverage for a TV show and heard, "you'll see these old perverts with cameras everywhere."

AX-V--7
Trying her best.

AX-V--8
Bunny?

AX-V--9
There was an evacuation around 12pm or so because of someone dropping off a 'suspicious package', so while Kain and I were outside, I spotted some eye catching cosplay attendees.

AX-86
A girl being jealous of the other.

AX-87
Pedobear?

AX-88
One Piece and Cloud from Final Fantasy VII.

AX-90
Female assassin from Assassin's Creed.

AX-91
I see myself!

AX-V--10
Even guys were dressed up as female anime characters. I would understand if a guy....anyways!~

AX-V--11
Akatsuki yO!

AX-95
I headed to the West Hall because that section was opened, and on the way, spotted L from Death Note.

AX-96

AX-97

AX-98

AX-V--12

AX-V--13
Cool hairstyle if it was real.

AX-99
After SEMA, I haven't been to an event with this many people.

AX-V--14
The face expression of Rock Lee was hilarious. That girl at the right was pretty popular.

AX-100
Headed back to South Hall and saw the two girls from Toyota's booth.

AX-101
If I had a Pokemon, I would not take it to this Nurse.

AX-103
Inside of South Hall and came across this awesome drawing pad thingy. This guy had some mad talent.

AX-105
Nissan Cube wrapped around with the vinyl-design, Mirai Suenaga. She's a site mascot for Culture Japan.

AX-106
Felt like I was in Japan coming to this booth.

AX-107
Awesome figures.

AX-108
Pawn shop! Just playing.

AX-109
Domo family trapped in a basket.

AX-110
At the back of South Hall was an Artist section where many artists had their own booth promoting/selling their work.

AX-111

AX-112

AX-114
'Got Pie?'

AX-116
Bleach characters.

AX-117
Wow...

AX-V--15
WOW! I met the representative of this booth and we talked for a bit about this figure and other things.

AX-119
Gin from Bleach.

AX-120

AX-121
Mind bottling.

AX-123
Mature version of Pokemon.

AX-124
Let's learn Korean!!!!

AX-126
Very realistic.

AX-127
Even better.

AX-128
Apparently, these artists came down from Japan.

AX-129
A famous author/drawer of some series.

AX-V--17
Hi-Chew candy mascot doing a sexy pose.

AX-133
And FREE samples from Hi-Chew. Some people were grabbing a pocket loads of Candy.

AX-131
Angry Birds Part 2... "WEEEE~~~~~~~~ er?"

AX-132
JDM stuff.

AX-134
One of the famous KPOP idol girl groups, Girls Generation aka SNSD.

AX-135
Guess who we encountered? Arley Elizabeth and Chaba.

AX-136
Time to go downstairs and shoot more cosplay people.

AX-V--18
No Hitler motion please.

AX-V--19
Pokemon!

AX-139
Poke!.....wait...never mind.

AX-V--20
Something about this costume was awesome. I really liked how everything was well executed.

AX-V--21
Halo!

AX-140

AX-141
Hatsune Miku Corollas.

AX-V--22

AX-V--24

AX-143
The girl we saw earlier.

AX-144
One photographer with Pedobear hiding in his camera bag.

AX-V--25
and this guy blocking the way.

AX-V--26
STILL blocking the way. Way to go @#)$(@#*$@#.

AX-146

AX-V--28

AX-V--29

I believe these girls came from Japan.


AX-147

AX-148

AX-149
I'm 100% sure the old guy at the left was one of those creepers.

AX-V--31
In my top 3 characters of Naruto, Kakashi!

AX-150
Another one, but he was tired.

AX-V--32
Jiraiya from Naruto.

AX-152
She was located far from where the actual event was taking place.

AX-153
But she was happy, so I guess that's good.

AX-V--33
Bleach.

AX-V--34

AX-V--35
Awesome!

AX-157
Girl at the right...who is she?

AX-159
Kain representing us to the fullest.

AX-160
Encountered Mikee.

AX-162
Hello Kitty!

AX-165
Took this random shot and that kid at the right knew exactly what was happening.

AX-166
"I'll dominate the world!"

AX-172

AX-173
So detailed.

AX-176
You guys have no idea how tempted I was to buy this limited edition Bleach figure.

AX-177
Such an amazing artist. Take anything to this guy and he'll make it out of those long balloons.

AX-V--39
Fighting!

AX-180
Iron Man took the spotlight.

AX-V--44
Legoman?

AX-185
Ending the coverage for my 2nd day at Anime Expo 2011. Not sure if I should continue on with what went on today, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks guys for checking us out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment