Event Coverage | MOD (Mitsubishi Owners Day) 2011

July 9, 2011

Night-Import: Photography and Words by William Lee | Covered with Hooni

MOD-51
Every year, there will be an event for a certain car brand, such as SevenStock and Nismolism, and today was the day for Mistubishi owners, called MOD 2011. Usually, more than 300 cars appear to show, which makes these kind of events a must-to-attend. Having good experiences with other events that were car brand specific, I was pretty excited to finally step out of my house for an event after the long dead weekend last week. Our special staff Hooni was my companion for today's coverage.



MOD-1
There were tons of cars as expected, but it really comes down to quality over quantity. I've been attending tons of meets/events and the ratio of stock to modded cars were pretty disappointing.
How was MOD 2011? You'll see by reading through our coverage.

MOD-32
The best part though about these kind of events are the sponsors and most importantly, FOOD! I was surprised to see In-N-Out and when there is In-N-Out, there will always be a long line.

MOD-2
But instead of drooling over the smell of hamburger patties, let's go on with the coverage. Each aisle was separated into model specifics, so here we go off with the Evo line.

MOD-3

MOD-4
You can never go wrong with this combo.

MOD-5

MOD-6
Concave Enkei RPF1s.

MOD-7

MOD-8

MOD-9

MOD-10

MOD-11

MOD-12
It would be such a pleasurable experience seeing all the members of Team Ar-k-n.

MOD-13
Probably a lower drop will complete this car.

MOD-14

MOD-15
A hint of purple?

MOD-16

MOD-17
What a way to promote.

MOD-18

MOD-19

MOD-20
A visible ARC Intercooler makes an Evo look so sexy.

MOD-21
There's really nothing much to do to make an Evo look clean. A simple drop with right wheels and call it a day.

MOD-22
I'm sure those tires were not street legal, but the overall stance was on point. Check out the small amount but perfect camber for the rears.

MOD-23

MOD-24

MOD-25

MOD-26
Sitting on aggressive sized Rota Grids.

MOD-27
Such a good choice running on Volk TE37SLs. The body color and wheels go right along.

MOD-28

MOD-29
Built to Rally.

MOD-30

MOD-31
By the time I ended that aisle shooting simple to highly modified Evos, I was expecting to see some well built or modified Eclipses. As you can see, there weren't any that fitted my taste.

MOD-33

MOD-34
Mitsubishi Lancers.

MOD-35
Tons of cars in this area, but barely any to shoot...

MOD-36
This 3000GT Spyder VR-4 got some attention.

MOD-40
3000GT modified with Dragon Emblems.


MOD-39
I just found out, but Dodge Stealth = 3000GT


MOD-38

MOD-44
Hooni and I walked to the other end of the lot to see what was going on and there was still a line for In-N-Out. But this line didn't compare to the one I saw yesterday from this video clip.


MOD-45
First aid, merchandise, etc.

MOD-43
Long live Evos.

MOD-46

MOD-47

MOD-48
Now this classic, Mitsubishi Galant, was pristine!

MOD-50
Another clean classic.

MOD-52
An area I had most fun shooting and meeting people; Vendor/Booth area.

MOD-53
I believe this is the same Evo 9 I saw at EAF/Remix this year.

MOD-55
Sitting pretty on Volks.

MOD-56
Track stance on this Yellow Evo 10.

MOD-57
Forgot the name of this company...

MOD-59
But it had a pretty good looking Evo 10 on display...

MOD-60
Until I realized this....Although I support and favor authenticity, I'm understandable when it comes to rocking replica wheels, but faking the funk? and to even add a bit more spice, a sticker? No please..

MOD-61
Sitting on Volk TE37 Seibon Edition. This was actually my first time seeing these wheels in person.

MOD-62
There's Prestige Marketing at their models at the right. 

MOD-63

MOD-64
I was really glad to meet Anh D Vu, owner of this sick Evo, packed with ARC and Password:JDM products. We shared his NorCal Remix coverage last year with you guys. Thanks Anh for coming up to us and saying sup! Go to the contact page and leave us your address so that we can send you something :)

MOD-65
If you haven't seen those wheels before, they are from ARK Design.

MOD-66
5Zigen and Ings+1.

MOD-67
Our supporters Cusco USA. Always a pleasure to meet Steve and the staffs. Sorry Mr. Kenji for not saying hi. You were talking with KJ from Ings+1 so I didn't want to disrupt the conversation.

MOD-68
Cusco's Time Attack Evo. We'll be shooting this project car pretty soon!

MOD-69
White on White! Much love.

MOD-70

MOD-71
That's what I call a combo.

MOD-72
Random shot of this expensive looking bike. I forgot the actual name of this certain model, but it has no brakes or something.

MOD-73
Mackin Industries dealing with customers. I haven't really talked with their staffs, but it would be great to do a coverage on their company.

MOD-74
Check this out. I don't think I've seen this model on the stands before.

MOD-75
Most baller lug nut? I'm liking the BISAI.

MOD-76
I've introduced this Do-Luck Evo numerous times, but if you haven't seen the feature yet, click here. I was going to take an engine bay shot, but I'll leave it up to the next site/magazine to do the job. What's new? Look at the license plate.

MOD-77

MOD-79
If it's a major or Evo-based event, you'll be able to see this car in person.

MOD-80

MOD-81
LOT-USA and their displayed cars.

MOD-82
Proper.

MOD-83
There was a huge crowd here because of a live Dyno session.

MOD-84
Road Race Eclipse on Gram Lights.

MOD-85

MOD-86

MOD-88
Track Purpose Road Race Evo.

MOD-89

MOD-90
Fuel efficient family trip car.

MOD-91
Orange Volk TE37s? Looks pretty sick.

MOD-92

MOD-93
StopTech!

MOD-95
O gawd....

MOD-94

MOD-96
Custom iForged wheels

MOD-97

MOD-98

MOD-100

MOD-103
I want to say thanks to DSPORT again for always being supportive! Love these guys! (No homo).

MOD-105
and don't forget to pick up the newest issue of DSPORT! Want to sign up for a subscription? -> DSPORT

MOD-107
I call it 'The Lethal Weapon'.

MOD-108

MOD-109
As always, can't miss NOS Energy Drinks!

MOD-110
From Track-Purpose to Show-Built, tons of favorable Evos in this area.

MOD-112
Now to check the next lot and finish up the coverage!

MOD-113
Very simple and pleasurable.

MOD-114

MOD-116

MOD-117

MOD-118
White on White again.

MOD-119
Another Evo with Seibon Edition Volk TE37s but in a less aggressive offset.

MOD-120
I think Volk TE37s were made to go along with Evos. 

MOD-121

MOD-123

MOD-124
Dat a$$.

MOD-125
Dat Front(?). Anyways, this Evo was definitely one of my favorites.

MOD-126

MOD-127
PVR Motorsport Evos. Where you at Peter? Haven't seen you in a long time!

MOD-129
If I'm not mistaken, our photographer spotted this Evo at Cars & Coffee.

MOD-132
Murdered out Carbon Fiber hood.

MOD-133

MOD-135
Evo we saw earlier with the nice a$$. Can't wait to see the completed Project Mu BBK.

MOD-136
Keoni's Evo representing Team Hybrid.

MOD-134
Lastly, I have to end this coverage with beautiful rear ends.

Thanks guys for checking the coverage! Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment