Event Coverage: Showstoppers USA Grand Opening

March 6, 2011

Night-Import: Photography by William Lee

IMG_3085

During the Puente Hills Mitsubishi meet on Saturday, my friend Jose Romo, EuroTuner star, told me about another meet that was going on in Glendale, which wasn't too far from where I lived. I'm usually updated with all the local meets, but it seems like I missed one because of the hectic week at work. This grand opening event by Showstoppers was suppose to happen last week like the Mitsubishi event, but it got postponed to a week later because of the weather.
To be honest, this was my first time hearing about Showstoppers, so I did some research to find out more about the company.
Showstoppers USA has a long history in the automotive scene, starting since 2002 and still going strong. Almost every aftermarket product can be purchased through their site or locally if you live near by. Their previous store was located in Monrovia, CA, but now relocated to Glendale, CA which is why this event was created.

IMG_3065
What's really fun about going to meets is 'not knowing' the turnout. I've been to numerous shows in the past and a few were just horrible in the amount of cars and people. One thing that I learned; do not believe the attendance numbers on facebook event pages and don't 'expect' a good turnout.
This event, however, had a lot going on, which is why Night-Import staffs and I enjoyed it. I Met couple of my friends like Ted, owner of the EK that got featured on OpenCluth, and BigMike, owner of the Prelude, which you'll be seeing on this event coverage.

Parking was not so good, but here are a few photos I took of cars parked on the sides.

IMG_3063

IMG_3064

IMG_3066

IMG_3067

IMG_3132

IMG_3133

IMG_3134

California weather is really unexpected. Last week was pouring but this day was hot as hell!

IMG_3138
Right in front of the entrance was this RHD Integra repping our supporters Infinit Wheels.

IMG_3073

IMG_3076
Everything about this car was dam sexy. Unique hood, sexy wheels..too many to list.

IMG_3074

IMG_3075
Both of these rides were at NISEI Week last year.

IMG_3078
Hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.

IMG_3080
Here's Big Mike's Prelude.

IMG_3115

IMG_3118

IMG_3119

IMG_3121
It already has its fame by being featured on a magazine and numerous sites. By the way, his wheels are for sale.

IMG_3081
"The little engine that could ..." You guys could complete the sentence.

IMG_3082
Opening up the hood on Mike's ride.

IMG_3083

IMG_3084
One of the craziest (in a good way) 911's I've seen till today. Random Spotlight for this car.

IMG_3087
More on this EG at the bottom.

IMG_3089
S2k sitting on Enkei RPF1's.

IMG_3090
Interesting...Bimmer wheels.

IMG_3092
I'm pretty sure those VS-XX faces were gold dipped.

IMG_3095
Beat the rareness.

IMG_3096

IMG_3097
Ted's EK.

IMG_3101
Back with the EG.

IMG_3104
B16A engine.

IMG_3105
Momo steering wheel, Status seats, and the best part, RHD.

IMG_3107
Sexiness to the max.

IMG_3113
Honda's modified like these are the reasons why I want a Honda.

IMG_3116
Norman from AS1 and Big Mike.

IMG_3129
Barrage Clothing.

IMG_3130
People still getting food. Free food is always good.

IMG_3141
While I was heading out, I saw Mikey with his newly done xB, which I had to take pics of because what people thought of being impossible became possible on Mikey's ride. Another hint of my new project.

IMG_3143
This is an exclusive shot for all of those who were wondering about what was going on with Mikey's xB.

Enjoy the rest of the week and stay healthy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment