Event Coverage: Gymkhana Grid - Ken Block Invitational (Part IV)

December 7, 2010

IMG_7887

I just posted up a coverage done by our photographer Andy Nguyen, but want to continue by sharing more photos of sick cars from the Mass Appeal Car Show by MotorMavens.

Seriously, this event was off the hook.
Most of the cars I see at events are familiar, but this show was different.
I would say about 30% of the cars I've seen were new and fresh.
After the qualifying rounds, most of the drivers were chilling at their booths and I caught Matt Powers talking with his fans.
But before I start off with the pit section, showing some pics of the drivers and their cars,
let me take you guys to the front entrance where there were food stands, vendors, and displayed cars.



IMG_7777

IMG_7778

I have to start off with this E36 that was displayed in front of the K&W booth. The drop and look of the car was jaw-dropping. I read a coverage on one site and if I remember correctly, these wheels were 17x9 all around with - offsets. The camber was insane and the tire stretch was on point. If I had to choose the best looking Euro car at this event, this car will get my vote.

IMG_7779

Matt Green E90 on Advan wheels. One of a kind.

IMG_7781

Very clean and on-point.

IMG_7776

This Audi could've gone with better wheels, but the overall look was good.

IMG_7783

Didn't expect to see a Corvette on display.

IMG_7784

IMG_8030

B E A U T I F U L. All about this car is a win.

IMG_8035

Jose's Audi back on WORK VS-XX's.

IMG_8034

Didn't get to chill with my boy Alex, but his S13 is looking better every single day.

IMG_7787

Widebody S2K. This car should look familiar to those who saw our coverage for Redline Time Attack.

IMG_7803

MK3 on some Work Equips.

IMG_7805

IMG_7806

Owner of this car was pretty funny. There were two cops checking out his car, especially the engine bay, and the owner went up to them asking if he could take a photo together. The pose was hillarious because the two cops were pointing fingers and nodding their heads right to left and the owner of this Supra put both of his hands together in a handcuffed position :D

IMG_7809

IMG_7812

One of the sexiest Supra that's been going around the net. I thought the engine was purely stock because people were talking about how slow this car was, but at least it had ITB's.
Really doesn't matter because this car will always be in my list of 'sexiest cars'.

IMG_7814

IMG_7815

IMG_7816

I want to show you guys two S13's that were displayed in front of the track entrance. Here's the first one, straight from Japan, RHD, full Vertex body kitsporting Spirit Rei Odyvia full widebody kits, Odyssey headlights, and much much more. It was obviously slammed (no finger gap at all and insane camber!) and the body work was flawless.

IMG_7937

This was the other S13 right next to the silver (blue flakes) S13. LHD, metallic bronze lip finished wheels, etc. etc. Never in my life have I seen such beauties. It took me about 30 minutes checking out these cars. S13's in perfection!

IMG_7792

Random, but it was time for lunch so we got some King Taco Burr~itos. Thanks Hoonsung Kim and Andy Nguyen for tagging along.

IMG_7790

IMG_7791

Couple of vendors near the main entrance.

IMG_7799

Alexia Cortez handing out some magazines. That old guy at the left is a true model fan. I've seen him at almost every model event without a camera :)

IMG_7798

Drivers getting ready to sign autographs.

IMG_7802

and spectators were waiting for Ken Block.

IMG_7801

MONSTER models. Oops, wait, let me re-phrase that. MONSTER booth models :)

IMG_7818

S14 driven by Ross Petty. The color scheme is awesome.

IMG_7821

As we all drift fans know, the famous Mustang driven by Vaughn Gitten Jr.

IMG_7822

This SilviaFC RX-7 was SICK! Check out those lip sizes on Work Meisters.

IMG_7824

IMG_7827

Not looking bad at all. The MB Weapons look good on this IS.

IMG_7829

IMG_7830

Gold dipped WORK VS-XX's. Looks stunning!

IMG_7831

Very clean looking Del Sol on Volk TE-37's.

IMG_7833

Out of focus, but this Miata is my favorite. I did an on-site feature for JustStance.

IMG_7834

Another car I see too often, but it still looks amazing on those Rotiforms.

IMG_7835

First time ever seeing Raceland having their own booth.

IMG_7823

MotorMavens in the house!

IMG_7826

IMG_7839

Don't know much about this car but it was featured on MotorMavens before. I don't know much about classics, but this one caught my attention.

IMG_7825

It REALLY caught the attention of this photographer.

IMG_7842

IMG_7840

IMG_8005

IMG_7843

Infinit Wheels always having a sexy display of rare wheels and their cars. There's Anthony, the boss of Infinit Wheels.

IMG_7845

Why wasn't this beauty on the track??

IMG_7846

Big Mike and his Prelude.

IMG_7848

Tony's NSX from It's JDM yO!

IMG_7849

IMG_7850

Both cars reppin DTA.

IMG_7851

I'm definitely getting a Ruckus in the future.

IMG_7853

Tire stretch is possible on these wheels :)

IMG_7854

If I had the money, I would paint my car in this color. No joke.

IMG_7857

This 370Z looked pretty good. Not an aggressive drop, but eye catching.

IMG_7860

IMG_7862

Some models at the event. You can see them at AutoCon!

I woke up too early to write-up part 4 and my apologies for writing too many parts for this coverage, but rather than posting up pics or linking the photos to my flickr, I like to add some captions for every single photo and most of our fans enjoy them. Part 5 will be up and I think that will be our last coverage for Gymkhana.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

the green silvia with the work meisters up there is not a silvia.. that's an fc rx7

Alex Zhao said... [Reply to comment]

Those 2 S13's are sporting Spirit Rei Odyvia full widebody kits, not Vertex pieces. You can get them through Mastermindna.com

Will said... [Reply to comment]

@Alex Zhao
good stuff Alex. Thanks for sharing that info!

Will said... [Reply to comment]

@Anonymous
thx for the correction!

Rich said... [Reply to comment]

good stuff ;D

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.

Post a Comment