Anime Pasadena 2023

November 7, 2023

Night Import: Photography by William Lee | Words by William Lee


DSC_0272


Welcome back to the blog guys. This past weekend, I had an opportunity to attend Anime Pasadena at the Pasadena Convention Center. I had no idea about this event until an ad popped up on Instagram about a month ago. I applied for press and got lucky enough to be accepted, so why not cover a field I enjoy? If you are wanting more car related coverage, I promise you that I'll be covering a lot of them next year, so stay tuned.

Just to breifly describe this event, Anime Pasadena showed how the popularity in Anime was tremendoulsy rising by the attendance of people. The line to buy tickets wrapped around the entire convention center and I was surprised to see the amount of pre-registered people inside the event. Let's go on with the coverage.


DSC_0272


I actually dropped by on Friday to pick up press badges for myself and Andy for faster entrance.


DSC_0272


It was about 11 am when I went inside and it was right before it got crowded.


DSC_0272


Funko Pops! I need to stop buying these...


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


I went back to the entrance area to take photos of some life-sized figures on display. I think these were handmade which were pretty dam well made. Good job!

DSC_0272


Attack of the Titans. I need to start watching this series. The finale was last week?


DSC_0272


So from now on, a lot of these photos will be out of order of the timeline from the start to beginning. I'll just breifly explain what I saw at certain areas of the event. All I remember about this booth is seeing the Soju bottle :D

DSC_0272


I guess these were flavored soju air freshners.


DSC_0272


I want that pokemon pillow collection...


DSC_0272


If you saw my previous anime related coverages, you know how much I love Jujutsu Kaisen.


DSC_0272


What was cool about this Gaonashi figure was the latern actually lighting up.


DSC_0272


Hello~


DSC_0272


A collection of bags and accessories.


DSC_0272


Kirby!!!! or...Chef Kirby!


DSC_0272


Always good to see Artists showing their work at these events.


DSC_0272


My favorite pokemon is in this picture. Guess.


DSC_0272


No idea what these were, but some of them were hilarious.


DSC_0272


It's Toad!


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


These mechanical keyboards had an awesome design to it.


DSC_0272


It's the White glowing figure I was focusing on, not the right.


DSC_0272


Demon Slayer FTW! Did you guys enjoy the last season?


DSC_0272


I'm actually starting to watch One Piece from episode 800. Let's see how it goes.


DSC_0272


An interesting fact or maybe a rumor is that Fromsoftware was inspired by the Berserk series based off of how similar their game characters were compared to the manga/anime series.

DSC_0272


Homelander! Doesn't give a shit about anyone!


DSC_0272


This company is hustling. I think I saw them in every anime related event.


DSC_0272


Those Pokemon Squishmallows were desgined by my friend! Just wanted to brag about it :)


DSC_0272


Cute looking dolls.


DSC_0272


Funkos everywhere.


DSC_0272


I had no idea about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure until Andy told me about it. The anime series is...weird...fun...unique... iunno

DSC_0272


Anyone get these?


DSC_0272


Spotted some nice looking jewerly in this area.


DSC_0272


There were a lot of booths selling Pokemon cards.


DSC_0272


I came across this Charizard Vmax and was SOOOO tempted to buy it.


DSC_0272


I had to take a break and was starving, so decided to get something from the food mart inside of the event. What I appreciated about this event was that the food price was cheap! This was only $10. But why was water and other soft drinks $4.50???? Can't complain though because the food and drink price at Anime Expo was ridiculous.

DSC_0272


There were a few cosplayers that caught my eye while eating, like this Princess Peach.


DSC_0272


Chainsaw Man! That helmet was fire!!


DSC_0272


Geto and a Cursed McDonald Spirit walking together. I guess it makes sense.


DSC_0272


Now this area had some awesome figures. They had this event going on to spin a wheel for $5 and the main prize being 50% on any figure on this table.

DSC_0272


I really really really really x10 wanted this one...


DSC_0272


This one too.... O WELL!!!!


DSC_0272


Pikachu Squishmallow~


DSC_0272


DSC_0272


This booth killing it with their displays.


DSC_0272


Which one is your favorite?


DSC_0272


My favorite cosplayer at the event.


DSC_0272


No idea who this was, but nice mask!


DSC_0272


Spotted Dante from Devil May Cry.


DSC_0272


I know I've seen this character somewhere....


DSC_0272


Nice JoJo cosplay! These guys were awesome.


DSC_0272


Instead of the hottest character, for me, it had to be the ranking of the 'strongest' character. Don't fuk with Gojo. Wait...where's Sukuna...

DSC_0272


Juri and Ken from Street Fighter.


DSC_0272


Rikku and Auron from Final Fantasy.


DSC_0272


This One Piece figure was dope!


DSC_0272


I came across this area way in the back where people were waiting in line to get autographs from voice actors.

DSC_0272


Ending the coverage with JJK cosplayers.


Hope you guys enjoyed the coverage. I'll definitely go again in 2024. Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment