Anime Impulse (2023)

October 2, 2023

Night Import: Photography by William Lee | Words by William Lee


DSC_0272

Welcome back everyone. I know it's weird that I'm consecutively covering Anime related events, but this one will cover much more cars than Anime Expo, so some of you guys might like this coverage. I'm a huge fan of Anime and Cars and this event, Anime Impulse, had both. Anime Impulse was held in the Anaheim Convention Center back in September and I was lucky enough to cover this event with my friend Andy. The event was obviously smaller than Anime Expo, but we had a great time visiting every part of the event. What was pretty unique about this one was that two other conventions were happening on the same day at the same place, which was for Kpop and Sneakers. There were tons of people present, vibe was awesome, and we enjoyed taking photos, so let's start with the coverage.


DSC_0009

DSC_0009

You can notice that this event was much smaller than Anime Expo, which is why it was easier for me to take photos here and there. DSC_0009

DSC_0009

DSC_0009

I was a bit disappionted that only one or two booths sold Gundams......

DSC_0009

I want that Pikachu~~~~~~~~~

DSC_0009

Gotta love Jujutsu Kaisen. By far the best Anime that's going on right now.

DSC_0009

DSC_0009

Some dope ass figures.

DSC_0009

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DSC_0009

So this area was pretty empty in the morning, but after a few hours, it was PACKED!

DSC_0009

Photo of Andy and some characters. Anyone know where they are from??

DSC_0009

At the far back area, there were decent amount of cars on display. I'm not sure if a mini car show was going on, but I was pleased to see some modded cars.

DSC_0009

DSC_0009

I think this was my first time seeing a R32 V-spec II. It's not common to see this car around, so I was around this car for a longgggg time.

DSC_0009

If I'm not mistaken, this is a Suzuki Cappuccino. Another car you do not see often here.

DSC_0009

Subaru love~

DSC_0009

I believe right before I got out of the car scene, the FRS and BRZ were the highlights of any car show.

DSC_0009

DSC_0009

DSC_0009

A few more cars.

DSC_0009

Back to the Anime show, saw this person holding a big ass monitor? Nice decoration!

DSC_0009

DSC_0009

Mini figures~

DSC_0009

Love the costume.

DSC_0009

These figures were insanely expensive....wish I was rich...

DSC_0009

These lego sneakers were pretty cool.

DSC_0009

I remember seeing this Team Rocket crew at Anime Expo. Thanks for the pose!

DSC_0009

Few cosplayers posing for a photoshoot~

That's pretty much it for this year's Anime Impulse coverage. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Next coverage will be on Orange County Auto Show, so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment