Random NightLife | Dream Car

March 28, 2012

Night Import: Words by William Lee | Photos by various people

Wow! It feels like I haven't logged into my blogger account for years! But seriously, I've been away from the car scene for quite a long time now, not because of already getting tired of it, but because of work! Fuck! Work! I know I gotta pay off those loans from college and ridiculous credit card bills, but it just pisses me off sometimes when I realize that work has been interfering with my time in photography and cars. I still love doing what I do as a hobby and want to be involved with it as much as possible, but when reality slaps my face, I'm sitting down in a office communicating with patients (ㅜㅜ) O well~ at least I get paid for what I do and will continue on with this job until I get into medical school, so I try to think positively every single day.....ok....I'm bs'ing about the 'positive' part.
Anyways, I decided to make this post to talk about what we all like to talk about; a dream car. Now, don't be confused with yourself when the word "dream" is used in the car scene. I personally define a dream car as a car that one can't afford at one's current state.
I sat down in my room, thinking for quite a long time, wondering what car would be considered as my dream car. At first, I thought of a Mazda Rx-7 FD3S and Acura NSX. Both cars are what I truly want to own, but I don't consider them to be my dream car. The reason being is because I can actually afford either one if I wanted to. Shit..if I knew about cars back then, I wouldn't have bought my current Scion tC for $22k (-_-;) But because I actually want to build my tC until I'm satisfied and because it's my first new car, I'm going to stick with it and then move on to either a Rx-7 or NSX.

John's FEED + RE Amemiya Rx-7 FD
John's Rx-7 is a perfect example of how I want my Rx-7 to look like. I might go with a different look, but want to keep it simple. If I want to go outrageously exotic, then my choice will be a RE Amemiya conversion kit.

IMG_6575
Great example of how I want my NSX to look like if I get one. I don't care if I get a kit or not. A stock NSX is simply pure sex.

OK! Now to my DREAM car. Ready? and I'm going to talk about only ONE.


Photo by Bertjan Davelaar, Photo from Wallpaper site

Yea yea yea~ I know it's everyone's dream car, but there's no rule saying that I can't dream about having one, so don't judge me! As many of you guys know, there are a handful of Skyline GT-R R34s in the US that are actually registered to be driven legally. From what I've heard, going through the whole process of making it legal is a pain in the ass! But I personally think going through that shit will be worth it at the end because the R34 is one of the most sexiest looking and powerful car in its price range and class. I LOVE R34s!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I could've gone with an exotic such as a Ferrari Enzo, Pagani Zonda, Koenigsegg Agera R, 458, Lamborghini Aventador, and much much more, but I kept it in the Japan and Sports car class.

So, I want to ask you guys this question. What is YOUR dream car?

1 Comments:

Justin Hauerwas said... [Reply to comment]

Definitely a 4 rotar RX-7. Or an Evo. Which I can't afford :/ but since 4 rotars are custom built. It would be extremely sick.

Post a Comment