Random NightLife | Fatlace presents HELLAOCCUPYLITTLETOKYO

December 11, 2011

Night Import: Photography and Words by William Lee

Illest-7
I have so many photos to share with you guys this week, but I'll try to pace myself and the blog so that things can go smoothly as much as possible...Nawwwww~~~ I'll get to the AutoCon coverage pretty soon because I know some of you are waiting for it (^-^)v But before I get to that, I want to share a small coverage I did on Fatlace's 'occupy' meet today. I'm sure many of you SoCal guys know Fatlace opened up an Illest Boutique store in Little Tokyo. There were car meets at the HQ several times now and every single one had an overwhelming turnout. This meet though, was a bit different and pretty hilarious when you hear how it happend. Check it out.

Hello Guys & Gals! So in light of all the current events that’s been happening around the world with the whole #OCCUPY movement. Also with occupyLA just 1 City block away from IllestBoutique. I thought about a totally funny random scenario of what if we did that with cars?… Occupy a full city block square block of all modified cars… I laughed, Vince laughed & everyone I told got a nice kick about it… *10 minutes later* Lets do it!!!!

Literally taking every single parking spot surrounding the building was Fatlace's idea and sure enough (according to those who attended since 4:30am!) it was a success. I was exhausted after AutoCon on Saturday and really didn't want to wake up and go to the meet at 5:30am, so I overslept a bit and headed out later on.

Illest-1
I was actually pretty late and missed out on all the excitement, but did see a few good looking cars parked here and there.

Illest-2
This Civic Type R is on different set of wheels know, but those Carbon Fiber fenders should ring a bell. More of it in my AutoCon coverage.

Illest-3

Illest-6
I've never seen this S13 before, but those Tiffany Blue Work VS-XXs were looking gorgeous on the car.

Illest-4
Wowzers. A Toyota MR-S. Haven't seen these in a long time.

Illest-5
There's Yogi from Fatlace~! Good job yO!

Illest-8
Unfortunately, a movie crew occupied the whole parking area in front of Illest, so I just took this photo for the heck of it. Who's the celebrity??

Illest-9

Illest-10
Around the corner was Andrew Renteria's WRX on Blue Work Meisters. By the way, he's now a member of our crew Low N Slow!

Illest-11

Illest-12

Illest-13
Few more rides. Seriously loved this E30 on BBS RSs.

Illest-14
Team SupaStar at the corner over there.

Illest-22
Let's check out the Illest store~

Illest-15 Illest-17
I did read about this store going through construction and it seemed like a few things changed since the last time I came here during their Grand Opening meet.

Illest-19

Illest-20
I need to buy some shoes and hats...

Illest-21
Illest!

Illest-23
I don't know how popular UNDFTD (UNDEFEATED) is here in the States, but in Korea, it's one of the most popular brands along with Stussy in the hip hop scene. I used to search for these clothes 24/7.

Illest-24

Illest-25
Illest!

Illest-26
Daym that's clean and simple.

Illest-27
Slammed LS.

Illest-30
Kenny Chieu's MR-S on Work Emotion XD9s. It is a track built car that participated in 2010 Redline Time Attack series.

Illest-31
This car brought back memories. It was the first modified RSX I saw last year during Stance:Nation's meet.

Illest-32
Clean Clean Clean!

Illest-33
Bringing back the classics.

Illest-34
James Oliver's Prelude.

Illest-36
Ou~ An EP3 on Volks.

Illest-35
Bumped into my friends before I left.

Ill-1
Really liked how this photo of Ron's Wagon from team SupaStar came out in front of the outside mall area of Little Tokyo (^-^)
If you missed out on today's meet by Fatlace, don't worry too much because I'm sure they'll be hosting another one pretty soon. Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment